Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: embeded Watermarks

I just wrote a long response explaining digimarc, and some info about X photo watermark movie and it cancelled me out

I'll try again at a later time
    nance

Compose your post in Notepad or similar then just Copy/Paste into here?

Dave

yea, great idea toffeeman. but quite busy now so if you could kindly be patient and I'll get that up......

but Egg is right---digimarc provides a lot more to its watermark. while X's watermark is certainly creative, it does not contribute the security features or allow the watermark to be covert.......later
    nance

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

As an alternate to Digimarc you might find a suitable info-embedding tool at this page. They won't offer you all the features (ie tracking) of Digimarc but you might find a suitable free solution to embed your ownership info.

If you try any please report back on how it worked.

Regards, Ross

The problem with embedded watermarks, such as DigiMarc is they do not stop someone from using your image. It's like the concept that locks are for keeping honest people out. If someone wants to download an image and use it, you are pretty helpless to stop them. Especially if they are outside the country in which you live.

In the United States, you can register a suite of images with the Copyright office for about $30. The advantage to this is if someone within the US violates your copyrights you can sue and if you have registered your images, and if you win the case, the offender has to pay for your court costs.

Gary

thanks again guys for all the input. I have previously looked into registering with the Copyright Office. I'll take a look at Ross's tool. In the meantime I'm awaiting for another reply from the digimarc customer service b4 I do the upload here as mentioned
    nance

sorry its taken this amount of time to get this done. hope this is helpful. if anyone sees a mistake in what I've written please speak up.....
    nance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nance1.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	24270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nance2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	355.8 KB 
ID:	24272  

Last edited by TwidderBird; 22 March 2006 at 05:38 PM.