Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Back Guys

Default Back Guys

Hey Ive been done with bootcamp for aobut 7 months now, school has been killer, Ive been in my A school and Core school for those 7 months after bootcamp. Its been harsh. Im finally done withmy A school, and am Finally a fire Controlman.

I am curious is there anyone here in the Maryland Virginia Area, Im moving to dahlgren VA, for my C school (spy-1 radar). So i was just wondering if anyone was in the area?! If so drop me a line.
    Rian
    IP

Default Re: Back Guys

Rian,

Good to hear that you are well!

Not sure what a "spy-1 radar" is... Could you send me all the details?! The Russian embassy im Ottawa is only two hours drive away... 50/50 split?

Seriously - good to hear from you again! Study hard!
    IP

Rian / Risto

You realise that RADAR was a British invention, as where spy's, of which we British excel, having created the best in the world (unfortunately always working for the other side)

Therefore any cut must include us Brit's. 1% will do, we're cheap.

Great to see you back Rian.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Well, im sure youve seen the commercial for the Navy, when they talk about the aegis system. Well the spy-1 radar, is a traking radar for that system, and it can track a bee from like 300 miles away or something like that. The aegis system, is a combat system, that can take over virtually every weapon on a ship! Its pretty amazing system. Well hope that helps.
    Rian
    IP

Rian

The Navy ad doesn't air here in the UK. The thought of a radar system capable of tracking a bee at 300 miles away fills me with dread!
    Is the US under attack from killer bee's?
    Does a swarm of bee's at 150 miles look like an intercontintal missile?
    Why is the US stalking bee's?

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sorry Rian but I couldn't resist this
    Egg

IP

Who knows why we would want to track bee's, but all I know is that we CAN...!
    Rian
    IP

Who knows why we would want to track our citizens, but all I know is that we CAN...!

Who knows why we would want to tap telephones, but all I know is that we CAN...!

Who knows why we would want to track internet traffic, but all I know is that we CAN...!

That's a very dangerous argument!

Egg
    Egg

IP

Why would anyone want to join the army?! I had no choice, but sriously... it's a waste of time.... no relation between the military and the "real" world. It's like living in a virtual world, but with hard workouts. Besides, bootcamp is just a game, it has nothing to do with the real service, in here whatsoever.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Who knows why we would want to track our citizens, but all I know is that we CAN...!
    Who knows why we would want to tap telephones, but all I know is that we CAN...!
    Who knows why we would want to track internet traffic, but all I know is that we CAN...!
    That's a very dangerous argument! Egg
    Now, I am anything but an apologist for the military, especially the rather overgrown (and overfunded, and overinvolved where they do not belong) American military. However, out of sympathy for Rian and the military men and women I work with every day in my job at an addiction treatment centre, I need to point out that there are some very legitimate reasons to track SOME citizens, to tap CERTAIN telephones, and to track SOME internet traffic.

The military people I know are, like Rian, very sincere people who actively put their lives on the line regularly, motivated by a desire to do good things for international well-being (eg. in Afghanistan, Pakistan, earthquake and tsunami zones, etc.) and for the protection of their own countries. Some members of the military join up because it is the only way out of intolerable life situations, or the only legal way they can picture for themselves to earn a living -- but even those are better choices than the ones many people make in their lives.

There is nothing wrong with the military or its equipment per se; in fact, it is a highly necessary and valuable entity. The problems lie in how it is used by its political masters. And (hold on to your hats) its political masters, ultimately, are you and me. (Now I've opened up a can of worms, eh?)

Respectfully,
    Glen
    IP