Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Advice on setting up an outline..

Hi folks, i am tasked with updating a badge shaped logo, and the only graphic i have of the original is a poorly scanned version. I thought to recreate it, finding many examples of badges in jpg format. I have attached one example of the outline i need.

My question, what method would more experienced graphics gurus use to setup the outline within Extreme? I have experimented with the bitmap tracer, but that is not good enough. I think i might simply have to trace it with the line tools, then fiddle around, but was hoping for something more consistent than my clumsy efforts. I also figured i could simply render one vertical half, then clone and reverse it to ensure exactness.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Cheers, drew..
    ps: i have blurred the image, but if even this is not appropriate, i apologize, and thanks for setting me straight Ü
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badgeBlurred.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	23526  

Default Re: Advice on setting up an outline..

Drew

This is one of those times when a manual draw is best.

I did a horizontal line (some people would use a guide), rotated the bitmap to fit.

Then F4 and point to point and back. Then click-push to get the curves.

The next step will be clone (Control-K), flip and slide the new half. Then select both halves and then Arrange/Combine Shapes/Add.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Following on from Simons file.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 14 February 2006 at 09:07 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks very much for the example and the time you took to help. I thought i had acheived a nice bit of work, but i had entered way too many points. Following your example, i experimented with the line nodes and now i see the light. Awesome forums folks, thanks kindly, drew..