Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No Chart creation tool???

Hello,

I have a question about a process that's bothering me a bit.
    It seems to be quite common that I have been asked to either create a pie chart or a doughnut chart with pie segmentation. I'm scratching my head over Xara's inability to offer this function in a quick like manner.

Currently,...I do this. In Illustrator 12, I create a pie chart (say 10 segments),
    export it out as an .wmf,..since emf doesn't seem to work in Xara, and then while in Xara, create a smaller circle and lay it in the center of the imported pie chart. Then I join them and use the subtract option to cut out the smaller circle from the pie chart and give me a segmented doughnut chart.

It works flawlessly,..but it still seems silly that Xara doesn't have a chart creation tool within it's GUI.

Please educate me if I'm doing this in a totally illogical way.

Thanks,
    Todd

Default Re: No Chart creation tool???

Hi Todd,

I'm not aware of any chart features in Xara Xtreme. With Xara's speed creating a chart hasn't been difficult to do when I've needed one.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've been going thru the workbooks on my quest to learn Xara.

Check out Workbook 7 - "Creating a 3D pie chart." Evidently Xara doesn't have a built in tool for creating pie charts, but the workbook takes you through the process in a straightforward manner. Hopefully this helps!

-fyip

As always, thanks!!!

Yeah,..I think it's just as easy to do it the way I've been,..but it was good to easy another option. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something in the tools options. It's not too painful to do it the way I've been, but I always like to know another way of doing soemthing just to feed my quest for knowledge.

Thanks

Todd

Default Link to workbook on pie chart

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook07/page_5.htm

I thought this would help, this is the workbook spoke of earlier.