Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bizarro Flower Challenge

My Effort - Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!ExportJPG.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	23483  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I really like that one, Egg.

Ken

here's mine, guess it's as bizarro as i get

Name:	flowers.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	23490  

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Here is one I did a few years ago.

Name:	flowerfun.gif 
Views:	197 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	23493  

Hello! I'm brand new to Xara (been playing for only a couple of weeks), and in fact, I'm entirely new to graphics.

There so much amazing work posted here - thanks for all the art, tips, advice, tutorials, etc!

I thought I'd be brave and post a newbie-attempt at this challenge. Don't laugh - it's abstract! Well, go ahead, laugh if necessary - constructive criticism is the best way to learn, right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oops - I meant to attach the image to the body of my text and not as a link.
    Since I'm also new to forums, basic question: how do you attach an image so that it'll show up in the body of the text as the previous "bizarro flower" images have? I went to manage attachments, browsed and uploaded, but it appeared as the link in my previous post.

Thanks for helping!

Quote Originally Posted by fyip
    Oops - I meant to attach the image to the body of my text and not as a link.
    Since I'm also new to forums, basic question: how do you attach an image so that it'll show up in the body of the text as the previous "bizarro flower" images have? I went to manage attachments, browsed and uploaded, but it appeared as the link in my previous post.

Thanks for helping!
    You did everything right except the first step, which is to export the image in a web-compatible format, such as .jpg, .gif, or .png.

With your image open in Xara, select Export from the File menu. In the "Export File" dialogue box, choose .jpg (or .gif or .png) from the "Save As Type" drop down list. Choose where you want to save your image file, give your file a name, then select "Export". If you select .jpg -- which is usually the best choice -- you will get a new dialogue box in which you can set the size and quality of the output image. Once you have done this, again select "Export".

Use the same "Manage Attachments" procedure as before with your new (.jpg) image file, and it will show up in the body of your post.

Welcome to Xara and to the TalkGraphics forum.

Glen
    Last edited by GroWeb; 13 February 2006 at 05:27 AM.

Thank you for the kind welcome and the help.

Funny, I had exported it as .jpg, but didn't think attaching that would make a difference!

Let's see what happens and wheter my beginners addition to this challenge shows up in the body of this text.

(Should it not appear in the message after attaching it? Or previewing the post? Or does it only appear after submitting the post? I guess I'll find out ...)

Name:	bird of paradise.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	23498