Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: More 1.0a bugs

AI bug

I've just discovered that even a dirt-simple file with a gradation exported as AI 8 from XX cannot be opened as AI 8 again by XX. Only flat colors work - and the colors are lost on import! Nor can such a file be read/rasterized by PS 6. And the XX "Help" states that AI 8 is supposed to support gradations!

Xara, you just don't like PostScript, do you???

-----------
    Page bug

A non-lethal, though annoying, bug is the way XX (unlike CX) pushes the page area all the way up and to the left, leaving me no space above or left for storing temp objects, controlling off-page perspective points, etc. Only if I apply a "bleed margin" in Options can I get some breathing space - but then I always get that odd "XXXXXXXXX" error message.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

AI bug

I've just discovered that even a dirt-simple file with a gradation exported as AI 8 from XX cannot be opened as AI 8 again by XX. Only flat colors work - and the colors are lost on import! Nor can such a file be read/rasterized by PS 6. And the XX "Help" states that AI 8 is supposed to support gradations!

Xara, you just don't like PostScript, do you???

-----------
    Page bug

A non-lethal, though annoying, bug is the way XX (unlike CX) pushes the page area all the way up and to the left, leaving me no space above or left for storing temp objects, controlling off-page perspective points, etc. Only if I apply a "bleed margin" in Options can I get some breathing space - but then I always get that odd "XXXXXXXXX" error message.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Klaus

We actually export as AI7, please import using the all files option or the AI5 filter (which also supports 7) The filter text has been renamed to indicate this.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

[This message was edited by Mark Goodall on December 11, 2000 at 06:48 AM.]

Hello

Try exporting as XARAX.eps.
    Photoshop will rasterise this. There seems to be
    a bug in the Photoshop 6 Module, which really distorts complex shapes.PaintShop Pro7 does a much better job than Photoshop with the same file.
    You can check by downloading the demo.

Photoshop 6 seems to be extremely fussy as to what.ai it will import.

Mike Engles

Photoshop 6 changes the colours.