Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am unable to increase the dpi on bitmap exports. The option is greyed out. Is this a yet-to-be-completed feature of XaraX or am I missing something. I would like to like to export beyond the default 96dpi/256 color range as these bitmaps will be used for four color prints.

I am unable to increase the dpi on bitmap exports. The option is greyed out. Is this a yet-to-be-completed feature of XaraX or am I missing something. I would like to like to export beyond the default 96dpi/256 color range as these bitmaps will be used for four color prints.

What version are you running? The latest is 1.0a and I can change the DPI.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

I'm running the (paid for) version 1.0. Where's 1.0a come from?

The DPI in the create bitmap dialogue is greyed out in 1.0 and 1.0a (avaiable from Xara website), in the CD release this will be restored. ( The Export bitmap dialogue does not have DPI greyed out)

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

1.0a was recently released, just re-download the trial version and install. As Mark indicated the greyed out dpi is on the create bitmap copy command and will be fixed, however, this issue should not be on the File, Export command. Which one are you trying to do?

If you are trying the create bitmap copy, just export the file/election and import it back into the drawing until this is fixed.

Se Ya.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Just a thought - what bitmap format are you using? If it's GIF then you can't change the DPI. Nor can you have more than 256 colors. Both are features of the GIF format, not a problem with Xara X.
    If you need to print something at high res then you need to use JPEG, PNG, BMP or TIFF. With all of these you can set the DPI independently of the physical size.