Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Folks I have Just downloaded X1 and like very much But Have a question ... why can I not transfere a photo that I've altered in X1 to my original Xara.... I get the following message ... Non essential data has been found that is not recognised , Ignored data includes (4124)(4118)(4117)(4119)(4119)...This is a combination of two photos and the use of the mould tool
    Also I'm now getting the message asking if I want to register my original Xara program that I bought sometime ago many thanks Hamish

Copy also sent to Xara

Hi Folks I have Just downloaded X1 and like very much But Have a question ... why can I not transfere a photo that I've altered in X1 to my original Xara.... I get the following message ... Non essential data has been found that is not recognised , Ignored data includes (4124)(4118)(4117)(4119)(4119)...This is a combination of two photos and the use of the mould tool
    Also I'm now getting the message asking if I want to register my original Xara program that I bought sometime ago many thanks Hamish

Copy also sent to Xara

Because the file format has changed to cope with new features such as saving current attributes in documents and the new smart photo (and XPE) handling. The old one can't know what the new features are and so tells you - it just ignores new objects and loads everything it can. Most documents they can be saved back to old versions fine, but new features will be ignored.

As regards the message about registration, are you sure that it isn't the one below, if it is you can click on YES or NO and untick the box to stop it asking again. I assume this message is because there is a newer version of Xara installed.

Lottie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	3699  

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

This message pops up if you are starting any older version of xara. If you say yes, then the registry isw changed to jump to the old xara when you double click on a .xar or a .web file.

It is the same as the music players wars... Click on a MP3 and sometimes you do not know what will open.... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    John/DOT

Thanks everyone for your help on this. I also recieved a reply from Xara who also were great and apparently this will be fixed as an updated trial version is comming out.
    Appologies if my questions sounded odd ...I am no expert on this
    Thanks again

Hamish