so does neone know why this is?

Thanx

I have a problem pplz

I can not import anything into Xara3D4

I couldnt do it for Xara3d3 either 8(

so does neone know why this is?

Thanx

xcalibase.

Could you explain what your trying to import, how and what happens? I ask this because I've had no problems importing into Xara 3D, so if you could be more specific perhaps someone could assist.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have the same problem. Xara has a limited amount of extensions that will import in. I developed a logo that I want to animate so that it spins like the a ball. I tried converting my jpg. into a flash format for .swf and .emf neither one would import in because the image had a bitmat associated with it. If anyone can help me import to xara3d by conversion I am all ears.

Aja & xcalibase
    Xara 3D imports either .wmf or native .xar files.
    Let's know if you have any problems with these file types.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I cannot get my logo into Xara3D. The original file was a bmp file (I have attached it)
    I used Hijaak Pro to convert it to a vector EMF file. When I import all I get is a beveled square.
    I am in the process of downloading a trial version of XaraX. Even then I am not sure how I will get the logo into XaraX and then into Xara3D. Can you help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

In XaraX you OPEN A FILE and browse to your bitmap logo. Then you choose UTILITIES>BITMAP TRACER.
    Choose to trace not the default but your logo, and when you try out the setting, you see the result when you click TRACE.
    Once you have the result you want, you let the tracer open the bitmap-traced-into-vectors for you in XaraX.
    Then you can work with this drawing if you want to, and when you're done, you save it as a .xar file, which is Xara's native file.

This you should be able to open in Xara 3D.

Success, and never hesitate to ask. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

There are two types of EMF/WMF files:
    1. Vector format - Xara3D can import these.
    2. A file containing a bitmap - Xara3D cannot import the bitmap.
    For full information on what can and cannot be imported see "Metafiles" in the Xara3D Help.

Just purchased unlock code for my demo version of X3D4, but can't import .xar:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To import a 2D object (add to the existing heading):

1. Choose Import on the File menu.
    2. Select Windows Metafile or Xara filter as the file type.
    3. Browse to the folder containing the EMF, WEB, WMF, or XAR file.
    4. Click Open to import. This adds the 2D object to the end of any existing text or 2D objects.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't work, because there's no ******* Xara filter in the drop-down menu for the import dialogue box (just 'Windows Metafile' and 'All Files'). Trying to import .xar under 'All Files' results in 'Failed to import' message with silly 'OK' button (no, it's not flaming OK!)...

Can anyone help before I email Xara and tell them what I think about this? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Egg?

Thanks

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Hi Peter,

I suspect that you need the Xara plugin, go to http://www.xara.com/downloads/plugin/ and then you should be able to import .xar files. This plug in is only required for the Demo and downloaded version of Xara3D versions 3 and above. When you receive your CD the plugin is already part of the program.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update