Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: bizzarre progress bar idles

Just downloaded trial. Opened a jpg and double clicked on it. Photo editor opened with a dead progress bar across the photo. Nothing happens by clicking on enhance, the dead progress bar stays, photo does not enhance.

Only way out is to close window. Running xp Pro with all current updates, sp2, plenty of ram, nVidia graphics card. Certainly can't consider buying the program unless this problem can be fixed.

I have de Xara Xtreme CD version, and this problème is new
    I have my XP updated, pack 2, enough ram and Ati Radeon Pro.
    Xara never have thise problème before some days Grrr
    http://www.feminin.ch/xara/xara.htm

I don't speak English, but french (thank you Google translator), but Xara is above that! )

I have just downloaded the trial version and I am experiencing this same problem. Here is what is happening:

1. Draw a rectangle.
    2. Fill it with something from the fill gallery.
    3. Select the plugins tool.
    4. Select New and bumpmap.
    5. The bumpmap dialog opens. At this point everything is OK.
    6. Once I touch a setting in the dialog, the progress bar appears over the image but under the dialog box.
    7. When I adjust a setting it is not simultaneously updated in the image.
    8. When the dialog box is closed the progress bar disappears and the effects are applied to the image.
    9. Select the edit button on the info bar. The dialog box appears with the settings that I made previously.
    10. As soon as I touch a setting the effects that I had made previously in the image disappear and it is returned to its original state, even though the settings in the dialog box haven't moved.
    11. The progress bar appears and again the settings are not being applied until the box is closed.

The above still occurs even if step 2 is omitted or if I import a jpeg instead of drawing a rectangle.

I am using Windows XP SP2, 1.7GHz centrino, 1.5GB ram, about 40GB free space on the HD, nVideo GeForce 6200 on a Toshiba tablet pc.

I can't repeat this either.

I'm using W2K Pro SP4 with a Matrox Millenium G450

Brett

I have noticed something interesting regarding this issue. For those that are affected by the idle progress bar, please could you try the following? Put a very large photo in Xara (e.g. the one attached). Either using the live effects, or XPE, select auto enhance for example. For me, instead of a blank idling progress bar, a valid progress bar appears showing you the progress, before disappearing when done, and updating the image. It could be that the bug might be caused by Xara’s own speed. With small (normal) photos, it could be that Xara completes the operations before the progress bar has shown up, and thus isn’t told to go away. Whereas with big photos, Xara is effectively slowed down, so the bar appears before the operations finish, and thus is told to go away and image updated. Does this happen for others?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Xhris
    I can confirm that this happens to me exactly as you describe above.

However I can reproduce 2 different behaviours.

1: If I import your image, select it & right click over it I get a correctly functioning progress bar, which closes on completion.

However if I double click the image:

2: XPE opens and as soon as my mouse hovers over the AutoEnhance icon I get a blank progress bar constantly visible that does nothing on selection of AutoEnhance.

It's as though XaraXtreme was launching 2 diferent programs. In fact I wonder if this isn't exactly what it is doing, perhaps launching an older version from somewhere?

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Unhappy Re: bizzarre progress bar idles

I need someone's help! I have purchased every Xara software I think they've ever made and always purchased any upgrades, especially Xara 1 and so on. After getting my CD for Xara Xtreme, it worked just fine, until my hard drive suddenly crashed for no apparent reason on a 2 year old drive that was well taken care of. Now I had a brand new hard drive installed and suddenly my Xara Xtreme software will not work correctly. It will do everything else, but when I try to enhance a photo, I too get the frozen progress bar. It freezes forever without ever unfreezing. Right now, I cannot even do anything with my photos and my customers are most impatient waiting for their work. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT A FIX. Let me know if I have not given enough info for this.

After you fitted the new HD, did you restore a disc image or did you re-install all the programs separately once more?

Does Xara work if you eliminate the filter effects? (Utilities/Options/Effects and Plugins). Do you have any custom fills installed at all? If so, have you tried removing them?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xara?

Dave

in the meantime use the gimp google it

RonC

I recently built a new PC (a monster!). But different components came at different times. When my new LCD monitor arrived, I hooked it up to my old computer. I immediately noticed that in Xara, the progress bar issue was solved, and didn't occur anymore. So I tried plugging my old CRT monitor back in and the progress bar issue started again. So it seems that the monitor you use has direct affect on it - which I don't understand.

Both monitors used the analogue connection. But what's confusing is that my office computer uses the exact same CRT monitor (make & model) as my old home PC, and no progress bar issue occured there. I'd be interested to hear what suspicions people have about this finding, inc. the Xara development team. Maybe people can try plugging in different monitor types and see what happens.