Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do i do?

Hi,

I've been playing with a logo and business card idea and wonder if the message I am trying to convey gets across. Would you mind taking a peek and seeing if you can tell anything about what I may do from what you see?

http://www.x-calibredesigns.co.uk/Workshops/card2.png
    Carol Leather

Hi,

I've been playing with a logo and business card idea and wonder if the message I am trying to convey gets across. Would you mind taking a peek and seeing if you can tell anything about what I may do from what you see?

http://www.x-calibredesigns.co.uk/Workshops/card2.png
    Carol Leather

Looks quite good to me Carol except for the shadow - I think it makes the text harder to read. Not sure what the significance of the A on top of the L is and the word Designer under your name might be better as Graphic Designer, just Designer could mean anything. At least I am assuming this is what you do.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hello Carol
    I think Christine is right and the floor shadow makes it harder to read the text.
    A bit of a shadow behind text is one of the most effective and simplest ways of enhancing an image but you can go to far with bevels and shadows and the message gets lost in amongst the effects.

derek

Thanks Christine and Masque,

I see what you mean about the shadow so I have changed it and edited the picture at the top of the thread. I have also added in something which should help explain the "A" in the logo.
    Carol Leather

I'm not by any means a designer. Just a thought... (Pardon the US spelling http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calxara.png 
Views:	467 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	10202  

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I don't know. All the parts look okay, but the whole does not yank my crank. I just do not know.
    John/DOT

Hi Carol,

Hmmm, I like the IDEA but the execution is a bit off. The letters are so large that I think at a casual glance the person would not "get" the artistic expression of the large letters representing both your initials and the logo itself. Not sure how to remedy that but I thought I would put that out there.

I also agree with Christine. The shadow either should not be there or the 'ibre' text needs to be brought to the front to keep it as clearly readable as possible.

(Boy, my dyslexia is really bad today! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif )
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My dos centavos

Carol

You are trying to be too tricky.

I would use the intials as one element and not try to integrate the intials into the X-Calibur Desigs. If the initials are going to be the dominant element on the page then let the other elements become less dominant.

In a nutshell, there are too many elements vying for attention. Simplify.

What if the shadow somehow became something other than the initials?

Gary

Hi Carol

I agree with Gary completely.
    I'd ditch the initials completely and concentrate on the business name being dominent.
    Also agree with Christine - "Designer" could mean anything.

Mags