Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you ALL!

Default Thank you ALL!

I just want to say thank you.
    I have been perusing this forum for a couple of weeks now. Two weeks ago I dl’d the trial version of Xtreme and fell in love with it immediately! The tutorials and workbook pages are so wonderful. The forums are so informative and active. It was because of these two things that I went and bought the Xara Xtreme package, including the book.
    I most recently have been a fan of PaintShopPro 7, which is a great program, but I was always afraid of vectors… never even knew what they were.
    Now I am learning, thanks to all of you.
    There was a time when I used my Vic 20 to make drawings and I thought it was amazing that it was possible. Then I moved up to the Commodore 64. I actually got quite adept at graphics and was making numerous Welcome/Title screens, Chat screens, etc., for some of the bulletin board systems I frequented.
    Now I have Xara Xtreme… and I am in love and back to loving to draw with my computer.
    It will take me quite a while to learn, but learning with Xara is so much fun!
    Thank you all: Xara – the company, TalkGraphics – the forum owners, and you the posters on here (and the makers of the tutorials and workbook).

Talking Re: Thank you ALL!

Welcome aboard Drifter. You have now entered the Xara Zone (errr Xara Xone to be politically correct, lol) ***cue Twilight Zone music***. I to am one of the newer user here and said pretty much the same as you. It is an amazing program and with bunches of practice and time it can be mastered to unprecidented levels. Looking forward to seeing some work from you here in the Xara Gallery portion of this forum. Good luck and don't forget - sleep can be a good thing ..
    -=(x_ACE_x)=-

Default Re: Thank you ALL!

Thanks... just wanted to add this, because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere:
    I sometimes split my screen with xara on the left and the tutorial on the right. I have found that with the color picker you can actually go to the tutorial screen and pick the color right off of there (instead of trying to match what you see if the RGB values aren't given). VERY NICE!

Hey Drifter

Welcome to the Xara Conference. Good tip about the color picker. It's a lot easier than entering all those RGB values in the Color Editor. :-)

Gary

Welcome Drifter,
    ron

Corr, that was a bit scarry welcome, Ace or should it be, in a voice 2 octives lower, "X - ACE - X", with my belt tighten in and me trousers hiked up a bit, "Thanks Drifter" or should that be said the other way around?

It is nice to hear from folk who come on to the site and take something from it, its happened to me and its happened to you and I think that is what this forums about. I think that it is why i come back day after day sometimes I am looking for help and a hand with a problem and in most situations I get a result and sometimes I can help and they get a result. Gosh this sounds corny I have had too many Xmas drinks today will stop now.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thumbs up Re: Thank you ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    I just want to say thank you.* * *
    Hi Drifter - Welcome to the Forum! I too am relatively New (aka: Newbie -lol) You said what I should have - And the Folks HERE are the BEST! Most Gracious about Help Us New Folk! (Thanks to You too Everyone!)

Glad to Have Ya Here Drifter - Hope you have a Good Holiday! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

WELCOME!! Can't wait to see your first image in Xara!!!!!

Yes, welcome, in regards to the split screen, that's a good tip, sometimes I copy and paste from the tutorial to get the image in for reference really up close and personal, delete and use the next one.

Well, you see I wear glasses, I am myopic.

Gary, you're work requires much scrutiny.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

hahahahaha... thanks sally, i never thought of that, great idea!
    i have also noticed one other thing reading these forums:
    are you the only woman in here?????????
    hahahahahahahahahaha
    (or are you a man in woman's clothing?)