Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparency not available

Another file in Xtreme where I'm not able to change the object transparency. I could change the object in X1. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trans.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	22605  

Default Re: Transparency not available

Rich

Can you provide some details?

And have you tried to apply transparency after you have closed Xara and the reopened it and the problem file?

Gary

Gary,

When I opened the file in Xtreme, and clicked on the object is showed no transparency even though it was at 80%. I have seen this before.

I drew an object to extract the image, extracted the image and saved to JPG for refilling the object. I had made a PNG copy and brought it into the file, too.

Nothing other than that.

Rich

I looked for an invisible object in Xtreme, but didn't find any. I cycled through the contents and saw two images and an object. The images were appearing a grayscale on screen, but showed color in XPE. I reset the transparency in X1, and now the file appears to be fine in Xtreme.

Rich

Yeah, there are a few anomiles left to be irorned out.

I have found when this happens to change the transparency setting and that usually gets the objects attention.

Gary

I have noticed that sometimes the Transparency Info bar is greyed-out when a bitmap object is selected and picking and moving the transparency slider does not work as it does when a vector filled object is selected.

However, if I take the transparency tool and DRAG it across the bitmap it "turns on" the object's recognition of transparency properties. Then a flat fill can be applied.

Hmmm, I've not had that issue so far. Strange!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Unhappy Re: Transparency not available

I've experienced the same thing. I did a drawing at work (on X1), e-mailed it home, opened in Xtreme and when I selected the object to which I applied an 80 % flat transparency to on X1, it now shows the object with the transparency in Xtreme but on the info bar it shows up as no transparency at 0%. I can add further trans to it but can not bring it back to its original state. The object is still in its vector form.

This is almost certainly the new group transparency feature working, and not a bug. Xtreme added a new transparency type, 'group transparency'. So now if you have a group of some shapes all with the same transparency, say 50%, Xara X would have reported that group as having 50% transparency. Xtreme shows 0%

In Xtreme you can now apply group transparency which means that entire group *not the individual objects* has group transparency applied so the whole thing is now made transparent as if it were one object.

So now, at least, you can take a really complex drawing, group it, and apply transparency to the whole thing and the whole thing becomes transparent. In Xara X this would not have worked - it would have applied the transparency to all the individual objects, which because they al overlap would have resulted in not something you'd be expecting.

So one of the unavoidable consequences of this is that imported groups seem to show 0% transparency, (meaning they have 0% group transparency) but in reality the old transparency values are there. Just un-group and you can manipulate them the old way.