Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Tutorials

Default Car Tutorials

Hey all,

I have been interested in doing a car in Xara for awhile now but haven't been able to do it myself. Has anyone done a tutorial on how to remake a car in xara? I was trying to do the below Saleen S7 without any success. If some one could point me in the right direction or maybe even create one using this image it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Abigeus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaleenS7.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	22661  

Default Re: Car Tutorials

Jose
    Has posted a few nice car files in the Xara gallery, they might help to get you started, one thread has the .xar file that you could load and then look at to see how he does his cars.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hey,

anychance you could post a link? can't seem to find what you were talking about

Abigeus

When you think about it, a car is no different than any other object. By following the many tutorials and workbooks in the xara xone, you develope the skills for shiny metal, glass, chrome etc. that would be my suggestion.

Abigeus

I think this is the link Bruce was referring to:

http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=19492

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys, that car is awesome in its realism, but of next to no help due to the fact that I have no idea as to go about doing it, looks like I will have to follow Tims advice and try using metal looks from tutes and the rest. If anyone is thinking about doing a car tho I would love for someone to do a tute out of it.

Cheers,

Abigeus

Here's a tutorial on how to make cars in xara, tutorial made by Ronald C Duke.

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/oct05/index.htm
    and here are 2 of my drawings of cars inspired by Ronald.
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=45
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=1954

JohnLogan.
    Last edited by JohnLogan1973; 14 December 2005 at 04:45 AM.

thanks a lot john, that will be a great help. I might ask Gary to see if he could do a car tutorial as a part of next years Xara Xone tutorials

Drawing a car is no different than drawing anything else. It's a many disciplined project. You have to learn how to use each of Xaras tools and how to apply them to your drawing.

I suggest that you start just producing an outline as per the attachment below.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	641 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	22666  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 14 December 2005 at 04:37 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Abigeus
    Hey all,

I have been interested in doing a car in Xara for awhile now but haven't been able to do it myself. Has anyone done a tutorial on how to remake a car in xara? I was trying to do the below Saleen S7 without any success. If some one could point me in the right direction or maybe even create one using this image it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Abigeus
    Abigeus,
    Attached is the Xara file I showed in the Xaraxone tutorial. I'm sorry I don't have the photo to this drawing, but you can take it apart and see how I did various aspects of the drawing including the layers. Egg is right about the basics. Hope this helps.
    ron
    Attached Files Attached Files