Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Inferno

Default Inferno

For those folks overseas, Xara's HQ is now sitting in a very hot spot at present. There was an horrendous explosion at a fuel depot about 2.5 miles to the SE of Gaddesden Place yesterday morning. Hoping everyone there came out unscathed.
    Here's a link to the BBC news:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4520430.stm#

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Inferno

Here's a view from Google Earth to match that of photograph 2 at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4518026.stm

The fire on the image below is only superimposed. But you should see how the 2 images match up. The photo covers the red rectangluar bit.

(Don't know how long the phot mentioned above will stay active at the above link)

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!ExportJPG.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	22640  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I suppose it is going to be a while before they know exactly why it blew itself up. Or is the heat of that fire hot enough to destroy the method or cause of the fire supposing it was a malfunction?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Yup, it's a big one alright. The Xara HQ still seems to be on a safe distance... depending on how the wind blows, the smoke and fumes would probably stink up the mansion..
    I imagine they'd have a good view over there, though. Maybe someone would post a shot of CM playing the violin against the glowing backdrop... .
    Nah, he's a good guy. Just a silly picture that crossed my crooked mind.
    But seriously, hope everyone's OK at the Xara HQ, too..
    IP

ROTFL...

Dat is a good one...
    IP