Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Phantom Brush Selector

Ive lost the brush selector, ive turned it on and off to see where it is, nothing.

closed all the windows and palettes, i can see grey.

theres nothing inside the painter window, even the properties bar is gone.

crashed windows explorer to see the desktop in it entirety, checked the edges of the screen.

nothing....

theres no way in hell im using the brush creator to selector a new type of brush, or going to pile on brushes in the custom palletes.

eh, im missing something, but i don't think i am and that angers me no end.

please help this foolish painter user before he admits defeat and moves to photoshop.
    IP

Default Re: Phantom Brush Selector

Try resetting the Painter workspace - hold down the shift key while Painter loads.

Christine
    IP

Chino,

If you're going to follow Christine's suggestion to hold down the Shift key when launching Painter IX, know that this resets Painter IX to its just installed state.

In other words, it does far more than resetting the Painter workspace.

It will cause you to lose your custom preferences and other custom settings unless you first back up the Corel Painter IX User folder so you'll be able to restore those things later.

Something you might want to try first that won't cause any loss of custom preferences and custom settings is to restore the palette layout to its default state, just as it was when Painter IX was first installed:

Window > Arrange Palettes > Default

Then, after setting up the palettes however you want, use:

Window > Arrange Palettes > Save Layout .... and give the palette layout a unique and descriptive name. Its name will then apapear in the flyout menu:

Window > Arrange Palettes > [name of your saved palette layout]

Save multiple palette layouts for various projects and their names will all appear in that flyout menu.

TIP: Never change your screen resolution while Painter and other programs are running as it can cause problems like the one you've experienced. If you ever need to change your screen resolution, be sure to close all programs first.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thanks alot poeple.
    IP