Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default animation tools w/ xara?

Hey

what animation tools would be best to use with xara?

Moho? If so, how do you export xara into moho? I couldnt export out anything with transparencies?!

Default Re: animation tools w/ xara?

Hi
    Xara and Moho are my two main tools for animation work.
    to export vectors from Xara to Moho save them as .ai files though to be honest I find I get a better result for animation If I just retrace the whole thing in moho.
    For Bg's etc use png's. But when you export make sure you save them as true colour + alpha you should have no problems with transarencies then.

Default Re: animation tools w/ xara?

oh wow thats you! i didnt realize you go on here!
    I don't want to retrace work i made in xara, that sounds too redundant! (no offense)

If you've seen my artwork you'd see its more or less very minimalistic anyways

Why do you retrace? (I dont understand!)

Smile Re: animation tools w/ xara?

Yes. 'tis I (I guess)
    I usually retrace my character stuff because I can get fewer points and get those in the right place to aid deformations. For example point placement around joints can be quite critical. I find that importing Ai files for stuff like that leads to lots of time consuming clean up.
    Not that I adverse to the Moho ai import for some things. Try importing, if it is too messy it might just be quicker to trace in Moho.
    ;-)