Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default paste attributes problem

hi,

just tested the new version for the <paste attributes> behaviour. i`ll attach a simple test file. just try to copy attributes from one of the words (select and ctrl-c) and ctrl-shift-a it on the others. very odd behaviour. sometimes it pastes just the color - sometimes just the font size.

watch the fontname too - left is arial - right is trebuchet.

you can open the file in xara x1 and everything works as expected.

bb,

FLy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: paste attributes problem

Confirmed.

Gary

this error may be related to the undo-bug.

sometimes undo in xtreme doensn´t undo all changes.

eg: changes back the font but not the size.

but i cannot provide a file to reconstruct te behaviour.

bb,

FLy

paste attributes doesn't work with bevels..and how would you know that you have to ungroup a font before it is editiable?

- It could be very handly to have a "Paste attributs" tab in the Utilities/Options panel where one could check which kind of attributes will be pasted or not.

- Otherwise a dialog box while pasting could be useful too, but it could slow the workflow.

kindly,
    ivan

Illustrator has an eyedropper tool that lets you click on an object to copy the attributes from that object to another. It is quick and very useful. Especially with text.

A keyboard command, such has pressing the Alt key to enable the eyedropper (in Xara if Xara had this tool) would be even better, similar to Xara's Alt Z which toggles the Zoom Tool on and off and Alt X which toggles the Push Tool on and off.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by ivan louette
    - It could be very handly to have a "Paste attributs" tab in the Utilities/Options panel where one could check which kind of attributes will be pasted or not.

kindly,
    ivan
    I like this idea quite alot Ivan!!

Hey Gary

I think that Corel Draw has the eyedropper thing going on too. Do you drop down menu of attribs you want copied, click on the object with the Attribs and then click on the new object and there you go. I know that Charles likes to be original or even just better than the rest (and I agree) but this is a great idea and I would love to see a version of that in Xara Xtreme for sure!!
    Last edited by RAMWolff44; 11 December 2005 at 03:04 AM.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yes, Ivan. Something I've wanted this too. There are some work-arounds for a few things, but Paste Attributes should be improved.

CorelDRAW has this capabilty too, but its implementation is a bit klunkie. If Xara decides to improve Paste Attributes, I hope they post a separate thread so we members can suggest and/or vote on how this could be implemented in Xara.

You know, in general, the Info Bar for most tools has quite a bit of blank space. Perhaps when a selected object is copied to the clipboard, some attrbute icons on the Info Bar could be activated.

hmpf - just tried the file i attached with the new 2.0f version and it doesn't work well.

just try to mark and copy one of the words and try to paste it (paste attributes) to the other words.

it behaves funny: one time it pastes just the color - sometimes font and color but not size or spacing.

maybe i just have to change back to x1 until everythings patched.

just retried it in x1 and everythings working as expected.

bb,

FLy