Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Special Xtreme Upgrade Offer Extended

I just received this from Xara re: the special upgrade price that was set to expire today.

Because our support staff were overwhelmed by a huge last minute rush to
    upgrade, the Xtreme upgrade offer for Xara X1 owners has been extended
    for one more week. The last day for upgrading at the launch price of
    just $29/$39 (plus shipping and VAT where appropriate) will now be
    Wednesday 7th December...but please don't leave it to the last minute!

Visit http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/upgrade.asp for further
    information on upgrading Xara X1 to Xtreme.
    Gary

Default Re: Special Xtreme Upgrade Offer Extended

lol. Sorry about that. I know I was one of them. I have a wife who has a tight hold on the purse strings.

Mike R

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    I just received this from Xara re: the special upgrade price that was set to expire today.
    Gary
    Just received my notice and am d'loading the trial now... dialup is sooooo slooow but life in the country makes it all worth while!

Haven't been surfing here for quite awhile and haven't a clue about the software. I am just checking out what is being said about Xtreme and whether it is worth the upgrading. Although this price is hard to pass up for the 'new' Xara X
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Hi Reji,

It has been a long time since I've seen you post. Glad to see you here again.
    Xtreme is well worth the upgrade price. I don't do much printing so I don't miss the few options that have been removed. The new plug-ins are a lot of fun to play with.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    It has been a long time since I've seen you post. Glad to see you here again.
    Xtreme is well worth the upgrade price. I don't do much printing so I don't miss the few options that have been removed. The new plug-ins are a lot of fun to play with.
    Ya been busy travelling across the country; moving to a new location to here on PEI and raising a herd of Chihuahuas! And burying my head in the books learning 'the gàidhlig' - Scottish gaelic and deep in chip in the studio carving.

Not much for the printing myself... have d/loaded the software and have been checking it out. Are these new plug-ins on the CD version or do they need to be d/loaded separately? I know there are 3rd party commercial ones available.

Cuidhil-meaban
    AKA The WheelBrat
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_

The CDs haven't been sent out yet, not sure if they have gone to press with them either. The recent release of the December 1st trial version would seem to indicate it hasn't gone to press. Still working out a few bugs I would think.

From other posts here, I believe there will be more plug-ins on the CD. I think the versions available from the Xara site for purchase will be there as well. That way you can purchase and install from the CD without a long download time. I'm on dial-up where I live so that will be a great help for me.

Have you had an opportunity to meet with Ross Macintosh since you moved back to PEI?

A hurd of Chihuahuas sounds like a lot of barking going on there. All the Chihuahuas I've been around like to bark at any new sound they hear.

Any chance of seeing some photos of your carvings in the Non-Xara gallery?

Learning 'the gàidhlig' sounds like a something you have wanted to do for a long time. I hope it goes well for you, my efforts to learn other languages only resulted in 'broken' dialects.

Cheers
    Last edited by Soquili; 03 December 2005 at 05:13 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    From other posts here, I believe there will be more plug-ins on the CD. I think the v..................................ime. I'm on dial-up where I live so that will be a great help for me.
    Thanks for the info... dial-up too! Lucky you... oh well much better than 300 baud, eh?

Have you had an opportunity to meet with Ross Macintosh since you moved back to PEI?
    No - I live in the eastern end of the Island and very seldom get into the 'big city'. Not that that's a big distance in fact it's only 30 miles away and I don't drive anymore.

A hurd of Chihuahuas sounds like a lot of barking going on there. All the Chihuahuas I've been around like to bark at any new sound they hear.

Any chance of seeing some photos of your carvings in the Non-Xara gallery?
    I heard of those Chihuahuas but they really are an excellent companion and are quite intelligent. Almost all dogs bark incessantly and but, with a little encouragement they quiet down quickly. One of the dogs, Molly, is my constant companion and is also my service dog.

Here's the link to my web page...
    http://www.willowlane.ca

Learning 'the gàidhlig' sounds like a something you have wanted to do for a long time. .................................................. .......alects.
    Fortunately I live in an area where the gàidhlig was quite common once and there's still a few older people who spoke the language and was my grandfather's native tongue. As well I live close to a Gaelic College, a Piping College and also belong to a group of learners so speaking isn't a problem it's just having brain power to remember the words, grammar and such...
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_