Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Re: A XARA FEAST - BRUSHES GALORE & TUTORIAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101
    Xhris Thanks for the Brushes - Hope you have a Good Thanksgiving! Tom
    Help! I've just joined and I can't figure out how to post. Anyhow, I'm trying out the Xara X 15 day trail version and want to know if if I can do animations with photos. Also am wondering if Xara X is fully compatible with Dreamweaver. And if you could take pity on me and show me how to post. Thanks. Ginger

Default Re: Animations with photos (ginger)

Thread split.

Hi Ginger,

Welcome to the forum.

By animations with photos, do you mean transitions between photos? Like in a slide show? Or do you mean animation of a portion of a photo?

If it is possible to do either or both. Transitions between photos is fairly easy to do. Animating a portion of a photo requires more work.

Please let us know what you want to do and someone or several of us will be happy to provide multiple ways to do it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I would like to animate portions of a photo. Can this be done within Xara X? Thanks. Ginger

Could you post an example photo with some information about what portion you wish to animate?

Do you want to animate someone's mouth to simulate speech? Or, do you want to animate a vehicle in motion? It helps to be specific so we can provide information that applies to what you have in mind.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You can create a GIF animation. Are you thinking of a Monty Python kind of animation?

Xara Xrtreme has two main modes, drawing and animation. To create an animation, go to File > New... Animation and this will open an animation window.

There is a short tutorial for creating a simple animation in http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...one Workbook36 which will give you the basics.

Photos can create very large animations in terms of file size, so if you can use the photo for the background in each frame and then use vector objects for the animated parts you might be better off.

Gary

Gary,
    Thanks for responding. You lost me in your last paragraph about photos as background and vectors for animation. All the other info above it I've done. (that link doesn't work)
    I have repeatedly gone to animation mode but when I try to open a photo it switches to layer gallery and then I'm stuck.

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Could you post an example photo with some information about what portion you wish to animate?

Do you want to animate someone's mouth to simulate speech? Or, do you want to animate a vehicle in motion? It helps to be specific so we can provide information that applies to what you have in mind.
    http://www.soul-ajar.com/quickie/greatdivide3.jpg
    this, a link to an example photo (don't know how to insert a photo) Let's say I want to have the horses swish their tails. Many thanks for your help Soquili.

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Thank you Daniel.

Ginger