Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Brush colours.

Default Brush colours.

I am very much impressed with xtreme and was surprised to find an airbrush which is about the best airbrush in a vector program I've seen.

My problem is getting it to accept the colour of the most recently used brush. I have checked the options box for new objects to use the attributes of the last object. Size, width, transparency and line shape are all copied but, frustratingly, I can't get the airbrush to use the last used line colour.

In the edit brush palette I've tried all the colour options, but none seem to fix this. Does anybody know how to do this?

Default Re: Brush colours.

Unfortunately, each brush stroke must be coloured separately, if different from its default colour.

In a short time I will be releasing a major piece of work on brushes to the forum.

Damn!

Though I know I will never find it, my 'Holy Grail' is a graphics program that does everything in graphics that I want. Being realistic, I have to aim at using as few programs as possible (currently I use five).

I know I can emulate lots of bitmap tools in Xtreme with various work-arounds, but that's a slow and awkward way to work.

Having said that, a macro or action recorder would go a long way to solving that problem. It seems, to me, that this is the number one tool Xara should be looking at adding.

This would increase Xtremes 'expandability' exponentialy, just look at the popularity and abundance of Photoshop actions and styles.
    Last edited by Mukkinese; 19 November 2005 at 06:45 PM.

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush_color.gif 
Views:	293 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	22153  

Thanks gary, yes, I know how to change the colour of a line already drawn, but I wanted to have it use the colour of the line last drawn, as you can do when using the default brush.

Isn't the option to give new objects most recent attributes what you're looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	22155  
    Glenn

A brush object is a special object and this setting does not apply. In a few minutes (probably), I will release a feast about brushes including a 1500+ word tutorial, and 74 quality brushes.

Sounds good Xhis, looking forward to it.

Question Re: Brush colours.

I love Xara Xtreme - the only thing I struggle with is changing the colour of the brushes. Especially the pre-coloured ones (like the spiky orange line and the bubbly blue line) I am really struggling and any help would be appreciated :-)