Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default airbrush effect?

Hey just wondering, looking through the people pics that have been made etc, just wondering hwo you did the what looks like raster airbrush stuff... is this just feathering???

RoNC

Default Re: airbrush effect?

the most realistic feathered airbrush effect is a feathered plasma fill... sometimes with a plasma transpareency added.

Lots of blends and transparency.

What I have found, Ron, is that people who can create realistic airbrush effects, also can use an airbrush and so for them it is a matter of figuring out how to achieve the same thing using vector shapes instead of a chrome contraption that drives you nuts because it is forever getting clogged :-)

Gary

Ron, I'm not sure if an example of mine would fit your question. In the November Stop and Post 2005 thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=18860 I attached a .xar file of a simple face. You can open it and find out how the objects were feathered, tranparancies, and fills.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So per what Gary said about airbrushing, the artist who does so well at Xara with the airbrush techniqe knows how to airbrush hands on, the digital technique is akin in some ways to the natural media. And the thought process of how to construct the drawing and the ultimate design is true to the image in the artist's head.

Lot of talented people. Some names I don't see in the forum, perhaps they don't speak English.

Are there chapters of TalkGraphics in other languages, Gary?

Right Sally. Someone who is good with oil paint or acrylics can figure out how to achieve a simiular effect.

I'm afraid that English is the only version TalkGraphics comes in. But we do have many members who are very fluent in English.

Maybe we should create a topic where people who are fluent in English could volunteer to translate for those who are not comfortable communicating in English.

Any thoughts?

Gary

I am fluent in engwish, but nobody is interested in that...