Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just got Xara Webster.
    I couldn't wait for Xara X.
    I imported a dinosaur texture image into Webster and cut out the excess.
    Then I saved as a .xar file.
    Then I imported that into Xara 3D.
    The shape of a Pentaceratops showed up. Cool.
    Then I clicked on texture and used the original dino skin JPG.
    You can see the progression in the attached image.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Can I do it again?
    Well I'm no computer genius but I hope I can.
    Oops! I used too much compression on the image before I uploaded it to the i/us server. It really is much clearer than that. The animation looks much better. I used Ulead GIF animator because I don't know how to use the Webster for GIF animations yet, so I posted the animation in that forum.
    Yes McDuff, you sure can use XARA 3D for shapes as well as text logos and animation. Way cool, dude.

buddycom

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 10, 2000 at 01:57 AM.

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 10, 2000 at 01:58 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	margimgs.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	10644  
    buddycom

I just got Xara Webster.
    I couldn't wait for Xara X.
    I imported a dinosaur texture image into Webster and cut out the excess.
    Then I saved as a .xar file.
    Then I imported that into Xara 3D.
    The shape of a Pentaceratops showed up. Cool.
    Then I clicked on texture and used the original dino skin JPG.
    You can see the progression in the attached image.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Can I do it again?
    Well I'm no computer genius but I hope I can.
    Oops! I used too much compression on the image before I uploaded it to the i/us server. It really is much clearer than that. The animation looks much better. I used Ulead GIF animator because I don't know how to use the Webster for GIF animations yet, so I posted the animation in that forum.
    Yes McDuff, you sure can use XARA 3D for shapes as well as text logos and animation. Way cool, dude.

buddycom

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 10, 2000 at 01:57 AM.

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 10, 2000 at 01:58 AM.]
    buddycom

Buddy
    I saw your animated gif in the Ulead forum and its great. However I can't understand why you did'nt do the animation directly in Xara 3D.
    I have attached an image (from the Xara clipart gallery) which I imported into Xara 3D. I applied a body texture created in Xara and used a part of a bitmap (again from the Xara clipart) as a background.
    The whole thing was then exported as an animated gif directly from Xara 3D.
    Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Of course I eported the animation originaly from Xara 3D. But I changed some of the frames a little in the GIF Animator after I changed my mind.
    Does anybody know where I can get a PDB file for 2,3,7,8 Dioxin? I'm going to need it for a gif based presentation which is not directly concerned with it's carcogenic aspects. It's a planar 3 ring molecule which can easily be rendered in Xara 3D. It has two hybridizaed benzyl rings linked with two oxygens. There are also two chlorine atoms attached to the benzyl rings in a manner ortho to each other.
    Two doughnut shapes, four tube shapes, four different sized spheres and some stick shapes. All laid out planar.
    PDB is a common file type. It's "Protein Data Base ." But small inorganics and organohalides are included. I just haven't found the site with a data base which has this form of Dioxin molecule.
    Thanx

buddycom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dnatr.gif 
Views:	606 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	9812  
    buddycom

Have you tried this site Buddy

http://www.umass.edu/microbio/rasmol/index.html

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Apparently the RasMol is "freeware." I have a Chime plug-in. But I can't make the files for posting. Mac/PC Molecule makes good stuff easily and the .avi, .mov, gif animations are all browser ready without plug-ins.
    This site is one I will explore more.
    I could put the molecule together in Bryce or Lightwave but I couldn't be sure the bond distances and such would be technically correct.
    I am still looking for the 2,3,7,8,TCDD.

Thanks very much indeed.

buddycom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    buddycom