Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello all, I am a noobie at this 3D graphic stuff I have been looking through this forum and I have seen alot of things that is very cool. I have not created any 3D images but I sure would love to learn the basics. Who knows I may be at the level all of you are.
    I downloaded Silo learning Program to see if this is really for me. I was just wondering any one had a good tutorial to get a person on my skill level to the point to where I can creat basic images. I am a Network Administrator not a graphic designer but I like to play with images on my spare time. All the help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all, I am a noobie at this 3D graphic stuff I have been looking through this forum and I have seen alot of things that is very cool. I have not created any 3D images but I sure would love to learn the basics. Who knows I may be at the level all of you are.
    I downloaded Silo learning Program to see if this is really for me. I was just wondering any one had a good tutorial to get a person on my skill level to the point to where I can creat basic images. I am a Network Administrator not a graphic designer but I like to play with images on my spare time. All the help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TalkGrahics.

Moving to the 3D graphics forum, which is better for your question.

As the front page says, this forum is for questions relating to TalkGraphics itself.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi Windle... Well, now that you have chosen a modeling app to create some models with, I suppose that we should enquire as to just what type of models you are looking to create? What interests you?

This way maybe we can come up with a few fairly straight forward objects to model, which you could also save for including into a scene down the road a bit....

So... what's your fancy?

I am intrested in creating cars, I figure that would be a good start. I have ideas of what I would like to do but it is just I really have no idea where to start with Silo.

I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks and i am getting a little more comfortable with it. I just have to keep reminding myself that it has more than one side LOL.
    All the help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hi Windle... one more question... what method of modeling are you intending to utilize in your auto creation... ie, box modeling or poly by poly ?

ok, one more question... what version of the learning version are you working with? The reason I ask is that the latest 1.2 version has a bridge command, while the earlier versions do not

ya know what, you might be better off downloading the main trial app, as the modeling plugins work in it... and tools such as edge loop tools for selection purposes are just plain handy to have at ones disposal...

if you have already used up your time with said main app trial, then... my next suggestion would all depend on the method you intend to model by... so please do let us know..ok?

Ivan would be a good place to start with cars.

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

lol... yes, indeed Ivan would be a great person to get this auto model tut happening Thanks for the suggestion Gary

Windle... I am still curious as to just which modeling method you are concidering to go with as your approach to this auto project

Chris, David and Gidgit,

You are kind, but I have a huge amount of work at the moment in my garden and on my project, and I couldn't help with tutorials.

I am so sorry

kindly,
    ivan