Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello,
    I've been having many, many problems recently using Webstyle 4. I'm thinking possibly these issues are caused by me not using the software correctly. Can someone tell me, or point me to online info, explaining how to properly use one template theme throughout an entire website? meaning, I want all my pages to look the same (theme, colors, navbars...etc).

Until now, I have simply created one page as I like it, and then just reuse that same page for all subsequent pages by doing a "Save As" in my editor. I've found this kind of works (see post regarding navbars not showing in editor) until I try and save one of the new pages in a different folder from the original. Once I save the page in a different folder from the original nothing works (navbars don't load, some graphics broken...etc). Therefore, I would appreciate some info on how to correctly use the same page for an entire site. Thanks much.

You could have a look at my contributions here http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...10771#84110771
    Not very adventurous but it works.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Hmmm..thanks for the info. Unfortuantely, this is pretty much what I am currently doing and I am still running into problems. Thanks again though.

I believe the Creating Web Pages movie on your CD or at the Xara web site directs creating a new project for each page in your web site. Fortunately Webstyle provides the option for each page to inherit the changes you have made to the first one you design for your specific site. The concept of page/project allows further easy editing of the design in Webstyle by calling it from within your web editor if you are using either Dreamweaver or Frontpage. It also helps keep all your paths correct and it allows you to use any of the page designs in a specific web page theme.

Don

Don,
    Thanks much for the info, although this is really not what I wanted to hear :-) A separate project for each page will get a little hairy with a site that has literally hundreds of pages (or will eventually). So this means I would also have a separate "files" folder now for each page, and hence many, many duplicates of the same files on the server (js files, page graphics, nabbar info..etc)? Thanks again.

Have you noticed on both your sites that if someone is using 800x600 resolution they would have to scroll right to see the whole page. My sites do the same and trying how to make the page width narrower. If you come up with a solution please post it on this site.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOC:
    You could have a look at my contributions here http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...10771#84110771
    Not very adventurous but it works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>