Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sketchy architectural rendering of 3dmodel...

Loved this thread. Your work is really inspiring for me. Although i´ve given up from an Architecture University (archictecture course ) a few years ago, (because the "presentational part" of the projects was what i always liked more) i really enjoyed to see your work. I still like the conceptualization and the intricate relations between forms, but i felt that it wasn´t exactly what i wanted to do for the rest of my life and so i embraced in comunication design (i´m still unsure if i´m in the right direction thought arrgh!). Anyway, as i was saying those presentational work is what really excites me and i know the impact it can achieve in the client´s/people mind. People just like to see beautyfull things no matter what those things are.

Regarding your post, the perspective of the top left picture in the first image, the bottom left picture on the second image and the perspective view at the bottom of you last image in the Justice Center series are a must! Loved those three, and the sketchy effect really gives a distinctive appearence to them.

The two clips in the last image were a nice touch too and gives "some humanity" to the image. Very nice.

I´m feeling compelled to give a new look at architecture rendering again. Maybe i will integrate them as a background scenery or in another way in some of my personal projects. I almost forget how great and powerfull those elements can be even if used just as a background....

Thank you for posting and sorry my crappy English!

Miguel B.

Great work, as always, Ross.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks Sally & Miguel

I attach another version of that living room. It was intended to look like pencil crayon. Xara played a big part in building up the effect from numerous filtered bitmaps. The main filter used was 'Sketcher' from LittleInkPot.com

Miguel -- have a look at SketchUp. You'll love it! It can be useful to graphic designers.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	digital-pencil-crayon.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	22907  

Excellent work, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh
    Thanks Gray & Wheelbrat!
    Hey Wheelbrat -- Its been a while since we've heard from you. I hope you've just been busy with training for the paralympics!

I att............................................... ..................
    .................................................. ...............Up model.

I haven't actually done much work in PEI since moving here a couple years ago. Most of my work is still in Nova Scotia. The rendering I attach is for a project in Scotland that involved in producing marketing graphics..
    Hey Ross - sure has been a while. Wish it was because I was in training for the paralympics just not as much time for my online activities these days. So instead of the basketball and tennis I'm now shooting pool - a turf size I can deal with as well as be competitive on...

Moved 'back east' almost a year and half ago to an old farmhouse just outside of Montague with 7 times the land and half the mortgage. Best of all! There's a shop for my carving adventures and big enough for a pool table as well! Ah! The life of a country gentleman... eh?

Haven't given up on the computer graphics just busy with other stuff like the wood and bone carving. And speaking of Scotland, for the past couple of years I have been studying Scottish Gaelic and belong to a Scottish Gaelic learner's group in Charlottetown as well as a group on the internet. That in itself keeps this old 'flower coot' quite busy... and to top it off my wife & I are busy with our herd of Chihuahuas. Have a look ;

http://www.willowlane.ca/

Your work is quite inspiring Ross - even the smudges. Which I too remember from my early days of graphics and lettering... don't miss those smudges and piles of paper at all!

Best to you and your family in the New Year and to all the good folks in Xaraland!

Bliadhna mhath ùr!
    Happy New Year
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada