Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: help please - moving 1 vertice changes shape!??

Ron

That link doesn't work. Just attach the xar file to the forum as you do a jpg.

Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 October 2005 at 04:12 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

link fixed sorry.

and what do you mean the pen tool doesnt do angles? It sure does. You have to click a starting point, then do a curve, then click without dragging and then there you have it, a crisp angle. How else do you think I made Anime Kitten's ear?

the gallery i just put a "xarax files" in my "my documents" folder, followed by anime\characters\ak

RonC

Hi Ron

I've looked at your xar file and that line has very strange behaviours. See the attach xar for further details.

Not sure re the pen tool, but what I mean is it either draws lines or curves. If you draw 2 or more consecutive curves, the cusp is always smooth. However that wasn't the problem with your drawing.

I understand re the Clip art now.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

oh ok i get this now.

so somehow the line became corrupted... weird stuff... has to do with clipart?

RonC

Ron

Were the shapes from some commercial or free clip art? If not, I doubt it's to do with your Gallery.

Egg
    Egg

ummm i drew this in xara. I added it to my clipart gallery (i make hundreds of faces with expressions and just drag and drop them into my cartoon strip)... thats all.

RoNC

Hey ron,

I know there has been occasions where a file created in another program (CD/AI) comes into xara looking fine but the line characteristics are goofed up. Was this created in xara or imported?

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943
    ummm i drew this in xara. I added it to my clipart gallery (i make hundreds of faces with expressions and just drag and drop them into my cartoon strip)... thats all.
    i drew this in xara. i saved it as a .xar file. I placed a disc clipart directory so I could drag and drop it into my cartoons.

am i doing something wrong? seems like every other object works fine.

is there any other nicer way to make an object library?

Thanks

RonC

Hi!

It seems that line is more than just a line. If you select the line with the Shape editing tool, select a vertice on it and the use the TAB key to tab through the points, you'll find that you'll arrive at two points within the area enclosed by the shape of the line!!

The other clue to it being more than just a line is that when you select the line, the option to "Break Shapes" is available. However, breaking the shape has no effect on fixing the problem as the line still jumps out of shape when the bottom vertice is edited.

It's as if the line has somehow become "joined" with another shape and the cusp/line/curve attributes for the individual segments has been lost or become corrupt and Xara corrects it by filling in the same cusp/line/curve segment setting right thought the line when it becomes selected for editing. In this case it's converting cusps to curves.

I've seen this happen before but don't know what one has to do to replicate the problem!
    Graeme

Please allow me to join. I have experienced similar problems that Ron has had with his line art. In those cases I moved the job to Macromedia Freehand to join lines instantly and to finish the job. That is why I find this thread interesting.

I tried to resolve the problem with Rons art work using Egg's first illustration in the attached xar file. I selected the outline > break lines > deselect > select outline again > combine shapes – add shapes > select shape editor tool > edit with mouse. Will now allow to be edited the way Ron desired. Legitimate workaround?

Anders.
    Last edited by Anders 205; 23 October 2005 at 06:58 PM.