Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme is good but...

Hello,

I made a fast review of new Xara. I liked it a lot but it does not solve some basic requirements for web design:

1. I did not find the way to
    a) Set the width of lines up or down of the trace. Currently it is in the middle, something difficult to deal when working with pixels.

b) Set the width units of lines to pixels. Points are not good when the render is made 96 dpi and points are 1/72.

c) Export NavBars in CSS format, working with tables is in the past.

a) Multi-language spelling tool. I may suggest Aspell now that you are in open source.

2.Bugs:

a)When pressing [¨´] key, Xara writes '' , before the correct character ie. ä, á. I found this with Spanish keyboards, I wonder how is it with other languages than English.

b) Bevel attributes can not be copied using the paste attributes tool.

I hope my comments could be useful to improve Xara.

Sincerely,

Rocko

Default Re: Xara Xtreme is good but...

Good input there Rocko!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

how about adding ruler markers?

try the demo of realdraw pro, check out how it shows kind of the entire highlighted edge of the object on the rulers to see exactly how much space it takes up...

just an idea

RonC

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Rocko, Xara Ltd is usuially good at dealing with & helping with bugs.

But, as to your other requests - There's a 99% chance that they will never happen. "Feature Requests" tend to go un-noticed / un-answered & or un-acknowledged. So don't hold your breath....

Thanks for posting your thoughts though!
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Quote Originally Posted by wW
    But, as to your other requests - There's a 99% chance that they will never happen. "Feature Requests" tend to go un-noticed / un-answered & or un-acknowledged. So don't hold your breath....
    That's rather unfair to say. I know Charles has a list of possible features the size of your arm, and I think he mentioned in one of his posts about this (and it's reasons like this that we're going Open Source). Charles does read this forum, so these things do get noticed and they may already be on that list. If they're not, and they're good ideas, I imagine Charles will add them on. I would surmise that what he can't say is "Yeah, great idea" to individual ideas because a) others would then think "Wasn't my idea good?" and b) people will keep on saying "You said it's good, when it's gonna happen?"
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I think that Covoxer hit the nail on the head when he stated that we are all a little selfish in our views of how we think Xara should be and what it should offer.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...6&page=7&pp=10 (about 1/2 way down the page he pops in to the thread)

Open source will eventually add much of that but we can all be impatient. I think this upgrade is wonderful so far and have not been able to crash it doing every day projects in it and I really work the plugins myself. I just used the Swirl effect by Eye Candy 4000 at it's maximum and I thought for sure it was going to crash Xtreme but it didn't!!

I just don't appreciate those that come in here and complain or place blame or put a negative spin on things when they really don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It hurts business and does diminish the efforts we are all trying to make, whether a user, beta tester, code monkey or what ever, we are all a part of this and when it's put down with inappropriate comments then it's a downer for us all to read. If someone know's they will help, if they don't then keep asking and someone, maybe even Charles, will eventually provide answers to what you need.

I think Charles and Co have done a splendid job in the last couple of years coming back in here and really listening to the users ideas, concerns and complaints with mature and intelligent responses. They can't be here ALL of the time, mind you, in order to get work done you have to limit the time on the forums.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Nicely said AntonyF and Richard.

I know I will be pwaying with the source code... Anybody else?

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

[QUOTE=AntonyF]That's rather unfair to say.

It may seem unfair but sometimes the truth can be a difficult thing to swallow. I could have sugar coated it by saying, "Hang in there, hopefully one day you will get your request added to a future version of Xara". But wouldn't that be wishful thinking on my part. Feature Request are logged & this I argue not. Do 99% of feature request ever see the sight of day for the end user? I don't think so.

Going by Xara Ltd's. upgrade & new release cycles thus far, the track record says something different. For years we've been throwing out idea's for improving Xara. Then a new release & the let downs begin.

We all expect Xara to become the Greatest Vector Program Period. Is open archeticture the answer to this? Perhaps & hopefully so! Only time will tell.

I'd say the jest of my statement was an honest observation but written in a blunt manner out of frustration & dissappointment. My appologies if I've offended.

Sorry
    Last edited by wW; 20 October 2005 at 10:28 PM.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

look at blender3d.

O_O !!!!!!

case closed !!!!

What is Blender3d? Is it open source, does it work... Sheesh... talk about an open ended statement Ron.