Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 200 Page Manual

Default Re: 200 Page Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia
    Most software vendors don't charge extra for the .pdf or .chm version of the manual.
    Why would Xara omit a pdf copy with the program?
    The CD version only is for people who want the bare bones... the retail version, for only $10 more, comes with DVD packaging, shortcut card, Xara Xone disc.

Xara Xtreme will still come with a ton of movies, and a CHM help file, either way.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I guess ill just go on it my own, im not interested in the xone one as it seems that i could download most of it anyways

RonC

Quote Originally Posted by John Rayner
    I just default the shape editior to straight and cusp and then swap it when I have to...
    I keyboard commands a lot. It's frequently faster than mousing for switching modes. So having to mouse back to the toolbars to keep resetting curves, lines and cusps is annoying.

Generally, I only use the Shape Editor tool for reshaping. Almost never use the Freehand tool, but it still comes in handy on occasion.

Rarely if ever to I use the smooth join and curves... I just click my shape, then move the lines. If I click in the middle of a shaped line I get a smooth join and curves anyway...

Ronc

There are one or two workbooks that cover all the buttons in xara x1. So the only thing you would be missing is the LE (live effect) tool which will take months to really master, depending on your lust for plugins..

i still want more tips about getting vector drawings down pat... its hard to get used to the pen tool - dragging the first node to help the first "angle" of where i want it to go, very different from using inkscape or realdraw pro.
    The easiest way to draw is to use the Shape Editor Tool. Click a series of straight line segments then drag the lines into curves using the Shape Editor Tool. If you need to fine tune the curve, click the Shape Editor Tool on one of the control points and then drag the Bezier control handles. Once you get used to it, it is very fast and easy.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shape-editor.gif 
Views:	204 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	21305