Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme update

There's a minor update to the preview Xara Xtreme now available. You can update to this version if you wish, but it's probably only worth it if the following areas have been giving you problems.

Main Fixes since Tuesday’s version.
    - CMYK TIFF misses shadow
    - Flash export broken in Xtreme
    - Selection handle problems with brushes
    - Part of clipview image missing
    - Text attributes not copied fully
    - Various PDF export fixes

There is a problem with installing over the last one. Please uninstall Xtreme using the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove program before installing this version. Oh and don't have any older Xara X running when you install this one.

Download URL is exactly the same as before:
    Download

Default Re: Xara Xtreme update

Thank you. I did have some oddities with clipview.

I don't suppose you could answer my question, now posted in two other threads, about the whereabouts of plugin API info?

The plug-in API we're hoping will be provided from the Xtreme website when it's launched or, if not, shortly after. We already have third parties developing Xtreme / XPE plug-ins and if you're a developer interested then we can provide this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
    The plug-in API we're hoping will be provided from the Xtreme website when it's launched or, if not, shortly after. We already have third parties developing Xtreme / XPE plug-ins and if you're a developer interested then we can provide this now.
    I am an interested developer. Although I must admit that what I'm looking to achieve, first off, is probably of very limited use to anybody but myself, I could maybe build something of more general interest from its foundations. So how to proceed?

Hi,

I just tried to install Xtreme's update but unfortunately I end with an error (see attachment).

I use a Windows 2000 pc, I did remove the first Xtreme installation and had no other Xara programs active at the time.

The first Xtreme installation earlier this week went perfect, but this one's causing me some problems. Does anyone have a suggestion how to repair this?

Regards, Albert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme-update error.gif 
Views:	1032 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	21068  

Can't help Albert but...

If you have already downloaded the movies, before you install the update, copy the files from the HelpandSupport folder, and then you can put them back.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hi stlewis,

thanks, I did that but the problem still exists. Did I tell you that Xtreme won't even start anymore
    Any other ideas out there?

Either XPE was running still, or the files were locked for some other reason, so the uninstaller could not delete those files. That would have messed up the next install. If you un-install again (from Control panel), manually delete the program files folder if necessary, and re-install it should be OK.

So... you are saying to have no version of xara running when you do the removal. Then delete the directory if still there. then reinstall... Sounds easy enuff to me.

Hi John,

sure, I tried deleting all folders and files; both manually as well as from the Control Panel several times. Both methods led to the same error (see a screen dump in my previous posting).

Finally, I re-installed Xtreme's October 4 version which installed and works without any problem whatsoever. So I'm happy to be able to explore Xtreme again and wait for the final release.

Regards,

Albert, The Netherlands