Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: version 11

Default version 11

is now out, has anyone looked at it yet? Oh, clearly a silly question or you would already have said so!
    Jon
    IP

Default Re: version 11

UK release seems to be earlier than everywhere else. Not yet available here.... Would like to hear comments from firsthand users first and let the hype die down a bit before I do anything .
    IP

Yes!
    Downloaded the PI 11 trial 2 days ago.
    There may be some benefits over earlier versions but for my use (Drawing... Path Edit) I can see no changes so have deleted the trial and won't be upgrading.
    Have seen mention of a couple of bugs in PI 11 regarding filters and have to say I'm surprised that new versions can be released without fixing these problems first. (Will be a patch available later?)
    PI 8 is excellent, PI 10 has some new features and a lot of bugs that apparently have not been addressed? PI 11! ... Your choice ... But it's not for me.
    In saying this I am not putting down Photo Impact at all, I love it! Version 8 that is, but would prefer to see these software people taking more interest in their product than in their bank balances.
    IP

Yes, i got the new one. Right now i am experiencing some techy difficulties which i hope will be resolved before i ditch it and reinstall the trusted 10.
    Haven't played with the new mask layering yet due to said problems (libraries in the EP are messing up).
    IP

Cool Re: version 11

I have the PI Pro 10 and have'nt had any problems yet, knocking on wood..Thanks for the jump on the 11, guess I will just stick with what I paid for. No upgrades here!!

Brandx
    IP

I may have been a bit quick at criticising earlier!
    Following some of the threads on PI 11 at PIRC, it seems there are quite a few people that are very happy with it.
    Might be an idea to give the trial a fair bashing before giving up on it as I did
    Mind you! It's gonna take me years to get to the end of PI 8 and now xara xi has snuck onto my hard-drive as well, so I'm just a happy and contented little kiwi lol
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../k-wormjpg.jpg
    IP

Nice toon look there Kiwi...
    IP