Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif How to Get rid of $$ on Templates http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

First: If you had installation problems you might not want to do this at all. For those brave enough, here is my suggestion. Remember you may have the same problems again.

Second: This is a concept I didn't have to do this. When I installed I did not press the button for product updates, because I read about it here. Thanks for the heads up.

1. Backup your projects folder if you want to retain your work. (Someone else can tell us how)

2. Completely remove webstyle.

3. ensure all templates/graphics are gone.

4. Reinstall the product/trial.

5. Unlock the product. Click on the arrow that is at the bottom of one of the graphics. For me this downloaded all the graphics.

6. I have the product with none of the extra $$s becauce I never pressed that button for update the product.

Now perhaps Xara can just show me all the new graphics available on a seperate webpage, because I am not going to be clicking on that button. I don't want to see those graphics that I won't order and can't get rid of over the next four years.

I feel lucky my installation went as smooth as silk.

Hello All,

Gee, if I had read these comments before purchasing the product, I may never have purchased it.

I am a long time user. Actually I purchased a copy of XARA back in 1997. The product was great. Everything went very, very smoothly for installation and execution. I stopped doing websites for awhile and when I wanted to start up again. About a week ago some work came in that required web building again so I looked at the XARA site and was amazed. The product line had really grown. I dl the trail version of Webstyle 4 and it appeared to be a really good product. Not worrying about anything, I purchased it several hours later.

That is when the issues started to mount. The unlock process would not work. I remembered that when I tried to install the FrontPage extensions, the program asked me to fill in info that appeared to be for dial-up. I use cable and have for about 5-6 years. Anyway, as I went to unlock, the program stated that I was not connected to the internet (?). I contacted Tech support. Not much help there, but I am still working with them, although they have not responded in over 24 four hours. I requested a phone number so that I could call and get quick response time. Let me take that back, I just rec’d an e-mail, and get this, that stated: “Telephone support is not provided. Please let us know what difficulties you are encountering and we will be happy to assist you” Can you believe that? What are my difficulties? Well, that is how helpful the ‘support’ team has been. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I am still waiting and hoping. I funny thing about this is that I still believe in their product. So, I will wait some more. I suppose the first impressions are really hard to die.

If anyone has any info on how to unlock the trial version of Webstyle 4, please let me know.

Thanks.

Craig

Hi All,
    I believe that writing in this forum helped. I am now unlocked. Support mentioned that they saw my notices and really came through. The issue was that I had to have I.E. as the default browser. I use Netscape because I truly believe that Netscape is the safer and better browser. With that stated, I was informed that support did testing with the Netscape browser (7.1, the same as mine) and could not duplicate the issue. Not sure what that means, however, the issue has been resolved.

Thank you support!!

Craig