Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool There are people with Genius Tablet?

Hello, I got a Genius Tablet: MousePen 8x6, that has stylus+mouse, i like a lot, but I've been trying to make it work the pen-pressure function, and doesn't work for me at XARA X1 (I can draw with no problem).
    I've been searching for Genius people that use XARA X1, to see if it works hor them, because I started another thread, but nothing has Genius. This is the old link
    I like a lot the performance of XARA X1 compared to big rivals like Freehand and Illustrator
    Please help, because i really need the pressure function, Bye

Default Re: There are people with Genius Tablet?

Hi Raziel,
    I am not a graphic artist but do fool around with graphics programs. I had a Wacom tablet installed for about a week but found it awkward s o emoved it.
    To get on I beleive you have might to go to windows control panel and there should be a icon for your Tablet. If there is you have to open that and add Xara as a program thata uses the tablet functionality. The instalation of the tablet driver instals the Illustrator and other big gapic prgrams automatically but some of the other programs you have to manually add to the list.
    Jim

Hey Raziel6969. That's quite a frustration you're having with this problem. All I can suggest, from owning a Wacom is this: The Wacom pen pressure sensitivity can be adjusted but only if the application you are using supports pressure sensitivty input and obviously your tablet must also support this function . Xara X1 brush pressure sensitivity can be adjusted by following the advice if you go to the help files in Xara and type in 'pressure'. There is also a movie file. According to the genius website here; http://www.geniusnet.co.uk/tablet/t03.htm

Your tablet does have pressure sensitivity control. Make sure you have the latest driver for your tablet here; http://www.geniusnet.co.uk/download.htm. I hope this helps as I know it is a real pain getting things to work properly.

Question Re: There are people with Genius Tablet?

Hello,
    To Ballpoint, I already used the help function, and the suggestions of other people here at this forum in 'old link' of my 1st post, if you follow the link, you can notice that all the software with pressure sensitivy as worked for me, but no Xara X1. I did download the drivers from the link, and they are the same that i have installed. You're, I'm frustrated.

To Scotty, In the case of Genius, you can choose to install only the driver, and little applications, and the big ones like you said. I think the list of you said, is to has individual configurations to each software. I don't really miss that function (Genius drivers don't has it).

Thanks, Bye

Has anybody managed to get the Genius MousePen 8x6 tablet to work with pressure sensitivity on the brushes in Xara Xtreme yet? Please let me know how! Many thanks for a great forum and lots of great ideas.