Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Missing Codec

Question Missing Codec

I am getting the following message:
    Unable to find a suitable codec to decompress the audio stream. You will not be able the Audio...

I have downloaded and installed the codecs for windows media player version 7 and above and wmp is the default but I am still getting the same message.
    CamPlay.exe in in the Camtasia folder under the Program files/xara/xara x1 folder

What am I missing

Default Re: Missing Codec

Go to the movie page at xara.com, and you can download the proper codec there... I do not have the link handy a the moment...

wcm,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics! I believe John is refering to the Camtasia Codec which can be found here:
    http://www.xara.com/products/xarax/demomovies.asp

Look for the text that says:
    "Note if you do not have Xara X¹ installed but want to view these movies now"

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Re: Missing Codec

Thanks for the replys.
    I ran the upgrade for the MS codexs a second time and reboted. I Now have audio on the demo movies.
    To bad they don't use flash. the flash player is very small and wll download in the background. Besides Macromedia has 80 some thing percent of the market...

Awe... but Macromedia doesn't have the babe with the voice... There are things in the movies that only a movie can truly show... A flash animation, just doesn't cut it for everything.

We've tried encoding movies using Flash, but they are huge and pretty poor quality compared to Camtasia player and WMV9 that we're now moving to.