Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Eye on the Road Tut

Well this is the first time I have managed to do one of Garys' tutorials and even then I had to 'wing' it so here goes.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyea.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	20689  

Default Re: Eye on the Road Tut

Well done Christopher. I haven't tried this one yet (actually I haven't tried the last few - been too busy!). How did you find it?
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

Hey Saz thanks for the reply. I found it quite difficult in places. Particularily when it came to doing the lid where I seemed to have got lost at some point and had to do it by trial and error. A lot of it was (fairly) straight-forward though and thankfully I knew how to do the fills as I had asked how to do them recently . A great tutorial though and the thing I find very difficult to grasp is how the chrome and reflections on the wheels etc are created by fills and (RGB) colours - that's really what makes the difference to a drawing .

Thumbs up Re: Eye on the Road Tut

Looks pretty darn good to me.

I do mess up a lot and often times either leave something out, or say something like Subtract Shapes when I mean Add Shapes, stuff like that.

But what I find is the users, who tough it out and try to figure out what it is I really meant and then by trial and error figure it out, will retain the information longer because they had to figure it out on their own.

That make any sense?

You did a great job and will be ready for the October 1 tutorial when we take the illustration to the next level.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    You did a great job and will be ready for the October 1 tutorial when we take the illustration to the next level.
    I'd better get cracking on this one then!! It's about time I got back into doing your tuts, so perhaps this is the kick up the backside I needed!!
    Saz ~ Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!

"I find is the users, who tough it out and try to figure out what it is I really meant and then by trial and error figure it out, will retain the information longer because they had to figure it out on their own."

That must have been the strategy my teachers in college used on me, they purposely made their lesson plans misleading, vague, and ambiguous knowing that I take everyting literally; thus, many all-nighters, cursing, and ripping up of text books, but I never forgot anything afterwards.

... just kidding, Gary.