Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: XaraX2 request for Charles Moir: Ctrl+Shift+V

I second John's suggestion - I would like to see a ctrl+U (or button) for underline.

Yes, James, I stand corrected. Alt Tab to toggle between open applications and Ctrl Tab to toggle between open windows in the same application.

RE: The underline. With the currect convention of indicating linked text, the underline has not comtemporary use.

It was used on typrwriters to indicate a highlighted word such as bold face or italics, both functions we have with the computer so the need to underline is not relevant any more.

Gary

Ok on getting a button for underlining, or for assigning some other hotkey. Control U is for underlining only in some text apps. More often, especially in graphics and DTP apps, Control U is for ungrouping.

Although underlining is useful in some situations, as Gary says, it's a typewriter convention that's now become a standard indicator for an online link. I expect that a lot more people are ungrouping than underlining.
    Last edited by amoore; 16 September 2005 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wW
    While were on the subject of Short Cuts.

Is there an unlisted shortcut for "Convert Line to Shape" ? In the Arrange pulldown it's blank beside the menu item.
    Perhaps not a true and blue "shortcut", but you can use ALT+R, L to quickly navigate the menu to this command. This is how I quickly navigate my favourites to enter my most visited sites Works fast enough for me.

Personally, I too would like to see an underline feature. I still use it in my texts :\ It's in every other program I know about that deals with text, except for notepad.

I do not need a Shortcut key... but a button on the text toolbar would be nice.

According to windoze help... that is one of the "standard" windoze shortcuts along with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V... But then no program follows all the windoze standards I think.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Thanks Alien, I've written it on my monitors frame. I will be using this.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE