Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Drew,

That would still be easy enough... cookiecutter a copy of the area you want changed and then change the color on the cookie...

Drew,
    I don't know if this will be the solution you are looking for but I did exactly what John is describing and it worked really well. Here is a link to a thread discussing it.

Changing Colors Thread

I also have some .xar files if you are interested in seeing them.

dafipp

Hi Dafipp, after searching through the help for "cookie", all i got was

"Slice (cut) Shapes (Arrange Menu) (Ctrl+4): This operation operates much like a pastry or cookie cutter. The object at the front of the selection is used as the cutter to slice through the other objects. If the front object is a line, you can slice objects in two. If the slice operation results in more than one shape, they will be grouped. For more details, see Slicing shapes."

Perhaps i better rethink this as it might prove to be loads of work to try and re-create the edging involved, oh well. Seems to me (and pardon the beginner's viewpoint) that Xara, with its' ton of features would be able to do this sort of thing. But if this is pixel-oriented and Xara is strictly vector, then i guess i follow (sort of.. Ü)

Back to the drawing board for more fun.. drew..

Drew,

this would be easy enough. Take Gary's example for instance. All one would need is a quickshape (oval/rectangle) to act as the cookie cutter. What do you want to change that would be so hard? Coloring just a couple leaves on a tree might be the most complex thing you might have to worry about the borders...

ahhh, maybe the light flickers to life in my slow brain. The cookie cutter as you describe only generally encloses the area, then you make the change within the area of the cutter, which generally only contains the color in question .... ah ok, me dumb! i will try this today!! as always, thanks, drew..

drew,
    I know you didn't ask for it but take a look at this Xara file. If you move the photo you will find that all of the sections of the plane have had their colors changed. Each shape was made with the Shape Editor tool. Just play with the colors and transparencies to adjust the colors of the plane. Zoom in close to make intricate shape like around the girls fingers.

dafipp
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Drew,

Ask John about a great little plugin for xara. (sometimes I wish the moderators would quit playing musical posts. Have no idea if something was moved, deleted, or I am in trouble again. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

thanks Dafipp, i will most definitely take a boo at the file! and John, i just finished visiting that site and it looks promising! Thanks kindly, man, you two spend more time on the forums than i do, but i appreciate every bit of help and feedback!

ME... only 2 or three times a day for about 30 minutes. Half of which the wife is yelling at me to get off the durn computer.

but that is when you turn to her and say sweetly, "but honey, i am being artistic http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif