Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi, this is likely an easy one: prior tools i have used allowed me to select a desired color and then pointing to a particular color within an image, clicking it and have *every* contiguous matching pixel would be 're-filled' with my new desired color. This is rather crude but effective way to fix up an image.

I have found how to do this with closed objects, but if your starting point is another complete image and you simply need to alter a color within it, this technique is useful. Is there an easy Xara alterative..? thanks kindly, drew..

Hi, this is likely an easy one: prior tools i have used allowed me to select a desired color and then pointing to a particular color within an image, clicking it and have *every* contiguous matching pixel would be 're-filled' with my new desired color. This is rather crude but effective way to fix up an image.

I have found how to do this with closed objects, but if your starting point is another complete image and you simply need to alter a color within it, this technique is useful. Is there an easy Xara alterative..? thanks kindly, drew..

Hi Drew,

There are several ways you can accomplish this task in xara (the simpler the task, the more ways there are to do it). The easiest way for me is to just...

1. select the item I want the color of...

2. Click and drag the color from the color line, to the item you want colored.

3. Then just drop the color on the new item

see pretty Pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	17994  

Drew
    The easy answer is 'You can't do this in Xara'.
    Xara is at heart a vector program, and whilst it handles bitmaps (jpg gif tiff and png) it has no 'Magic Wand' feature that you find in Bitmap Programs to manipulate bitmaps in this manner.
    There are work arounds in Xara, but Xara is best used to create a scalable vector of the original bitmap by the redrawing the image by hand.
    If you just want to recolour certain parts of a bitmap, your better off using bitmap editing programs like paint shop or photo shop.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank Egg, say it ain't so .. i thought Xara could do everything.. oh well, there is always those editors, thanks kindly!

and ps: thanks for the pretty pic John, just not quite the answer this time, but you still rank way way up there for the last help you graciously offered! drew..

Hi Drew,

I guess I should have read the question a little closer. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif As we used to say when I used to teach... RTFQ! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Not so fast guys. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Hello Drew

There is a plug-in in the Xara Xone Shareware page Sean Sedwards' Search. This Photoshop compatible plug-in lets you replace a specified color on a bitmap with another. You can adjust the sensitivity so you can replace shades of the same color.

It works best with a solid color such as the white background in this photo (one of my wife's creations).

Give it a try.

There is always something in the Xara Xobe Shareware Page.

Gary

Name:	search_replace.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	11  

I noticed that the white of the eyes was replaced with the red too.

So I dupllicated the face, made an ellipse and Applied Clip View to mask the face in the ellipse which I placed over the face with the red eyes.

Gary

Name:	search_replace_1.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	11516  

Wow Gary thanks for pointing that out. i used some of his other plugins but never paid attention to that nifty one.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Hi Gary, thanks for the link and input. This is so close to what i was hoping to find, but not quite. My hope was to be able to change a color piece-meal, not for every occurance of a color. And this change should best occur only for pixels of the same color that have contiguous neighbouring pixels of the same color. (Am i describing this ok, or do i sound like a software guy trying to sound like a graphics guy http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif ) drew..