Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X²?

Default Re: X²?

This year? Sounds very good to me. Although I wouldn't be pissed if due to circumstances it would take longer - let's face it: many release dates are pushed because of issues that were not anticipated.
    Not that I don't want X2, I'm just being more careful when the officials tell something about the release date of their product So I won't jump right away up and start partying like other people

I would imagine Charles and Crew are dancing around stomping on bugs left and right.
    Whack a bug!

Xara does have much to improve upon, so my expectations are are for a tremandous change.... hope the price won't be as tall as my house's mortage

Hi,

this year is good news!

Any estimations on the upgrade price x1 -> x2?

happy cycling,

.jon

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Suggestion:

US$ 600, because this will

01. push Xara into the 'professional legue' (seems that the decision on professional/non-professional is only made on the price tag) and thus position it at a higher ranking than Adobe products http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/bb.gif - meaning it will sell like **hell** and generate unlimited funds for the Xara team http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/cool.gif

02. raise funds for the Linux port (actually some US$ 80 are for the upgrade, the rest will be considered a volunteer donation/sponsorship to code a Linux version)

Now, before you'll smash your head,
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/smashhead.gif
    consider this: The Xara Linux will attract SuSE/Novell to invest into Xara, forcing them to go public, and if you'll purchase their stock, you'll have a constant cash back flow which in turn will easily pay the upgrade costs and make you **rich** (something like a 7 digit retirement plan).

Cheers. http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/smilie-beer.gif
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

If you have ever been foolish enough to buy a copy of CorelDRAW when it is first released, you will appreciate the extra time that Xara takes to make its release as bug free as possible. I for one certainly do.

Gary

Suggestion: US$ 600...
    What about a loyalty dioscount on that for those who have been using Xara ever since the days when it was called !ArtWorks?
    Anton

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    If you have ever been foolish enough to buy a copy of CorelDRAW when it is first released, you will appreciate the extra time that Xara takes to make its release as bug free as possible. I for one certainly do.

Gary
    Wake up and smell the roses, Gary, Xara is as bug ridden as any other software - it's more to do with resources - you know that Xara Ltd house isn't exactly the Redmond-or-whatever-it's-called-Microsft-campus-land ... you get me.

The only person crazy enough to say anything of any sense or use on this tread was, my man Jens - charge more for it! And not for any of the humourous reasons he made about a joke about (because no one got what he was saying) but for the simple fact that they might be able to employ a few more code monkey's - i mean no change between X and X1 - pretty sucky - like no new features. Personally I don't hold out much hope for X2 - I'll stick with what I've got. UNFORTUNATELY!
    Last edited by AntonyF; 15 September 2005 at 03:48 PM.

James.... Tsk... tsk... Tsk...

X1 was from the start just a fine tuning of xara. For example... If xara was a pocket nice, x1 just replaced the the blades with surgical steel. It is still a pocket knife, but what a nice one. X2 might just add a couple more blades in that well worn pocket knife. Will it become a swiss army knife like all the other drawing apps? I hope not. What xara does, it does a great job at.

Does it have bugs? yea... ever program ever written has bugs, or something that could have been done differently, that could improve it. Xara bugs are so few and far between that 99% of the users never run into them. You can not say the same of any other software house. Partically microsux. shheesh, how can you even mention Xara Ltd and Microsux in the same post even...

Agreed, it is way underpriced.

Priced in US Dollars makes it even worse for a UK company with the exchange rate at the moment. Double the price and change the $ sign to a £ sign!

May be 'underpiced" but in my corporate environment where I want each office to have a copy (and some are small, new offices), this price has made it a fairly easy decision.