Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X²?

Default X²?

I know -- it's a hackneyed topic. But I need to know at least something...

When Charles Moir innocently asked what we don't use Xara for, and queries of that ilk, I held my breath for the imminent appearance of Xara X². I let it go after a few weeks, disappointed and deflated, when the cold silence returned and I turned maroon.

Please -- can we have at least a vague idea of when we might start getting excited again? Like... Is it going to be in 2005? or definitely not 2005?
    Anton

Default Re: X²?

I have heard it is in work and the work is progressing very well. No release date has been set tho... I guess it is time to pull out the ole ouija board...

Maybe you might have better luck with your ouija board. When I asked mine it just said...

wjaagkwlotd...

Maybe I need a ouija to engwish translator...

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Do you **really** miss something in the current version? What do you expect from a new version?

I guess it will be faster, have more features (but who knows which ones), and it won't be available too soon, because as far as I know from the previous versions it will be tested for a long time to be bug free on release date.

However, I know it won't have a module to read your mind, so you'll still need an input device http://jens.highspeedweb.net/samples/smilie_banana.gif
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hey Jens,

That is a good one...

Even better that they do not have a mindreader input thingy. I have been brain dead for many years...

A lot of people, well the entire company, are focussed on the X2 release and a lot of work is being done on it. But it just takes longer, and a lot, lot more work than you or I would imagine to get these things right. This year, honest. As soon as we possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by jens g.r. benthien
    Do you **really** miss something in the current version? What do you expect from a new version?
    Yes -- the several things I've mentioned in these fora, both as threads I started and in response to threads started by others (inter alia Charles Moir).

... it will be tested for a long time to be bug free on release date.
    That'll be a first for anyone!!
    Anton

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
    This year, honest. As soon as we possibly can.
    Yeehaa!.... is there time to go out and get a bottle of bubbly into the fridge?

That's really great news, Charles -- thank you!
    Anton

Charles,
    With barely 4 months left in this year ... that really IS good news. I'm sure we are all anxious and excited.

Jens,
    Love the little dancing banana

I would imagine Charles and Crew are dancing around stomping on bugs left and right. X1 wasn't that buggy when it was delivered, not compared to 99.9% of the other software I have. They must have some really neat changes in the mill if they are still busting tail on it...

I think we need 2 bottles of bubbly for X2...

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

--------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--