Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default please help me with basics

Having decided to set up an arbitration website based upon flowcharts, I've created the GIFs, all 190 of them and I was going to insert them into the website with links and everything would be fine. Oh, yes, I've done this before and things have generally worked (www.frs17.com) but not this time. Along the way, Inspiration spoiled their GIF export and I had to copy and paste into PhotoEl3, change the background colour and export to GIF. What I've now found is that the images are much smaller than I expected with unreadable text (Times14 should have been OK). Any suggestions on the best way to enlarge via batch process, changing the resolution, please? I have PaintShopPro9 and PhotoShop7 available so I can batch process through 190 once I know what to do! An example image is attached; many thanx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a_0.gif 
Views:	111 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	20413  
    Jon
    IP

Default Re: please help me with basics

Jon
    I don't know Inspiration, but it looks like you've exported the gifs from this program at to small a size / resolution. I can't think of any way you could increase the GIF size without deforming the image quality.

I would suggest you return to Inspiration first, and re export the gifs at an acceptable resolution / size. If this can't be done I'm afraid it'll mean creating all 190 tables again.

Egg
    IP

Why not use an "action" in PhotoShop and do a batch process which will bring all of you gifs to the correct resolution. Using the action and batch processing them could be done in minutes rather than going through them one by one.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Albacore, thank you for your suggestion but I really was aware of the benefits of batch processing, I was looking for what to put into the action (or script).

Egg, I fear you're right because I had tried it manually with different resize/resolution options and I couldn't find any that worked, there was a definite trade-off. So I guess I'll have to do 190 again.

I guess I lost the resolution during the copy/paste operation. The reason I was doing that was to obtain the exact colour (0,102,204) which Inspiration saves out at (0,97,206). No, they're not that dfferent but the second one isn't safe but I'm going to use it anyway.

Thanx, anyway, this was helpful in making up my mind!
    Jon
    IP