Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"John the minute hand works for this "old fool" sat and watched it happen to see if it did." - Albacore

This old fool only watch one revolution of the second hand, and it did not move. the minute hand moves on every 2 cycles of the second hand. Watched it for five minutes to make sure.

Next Egg will have us watching grass grow... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Gary
    Thanks for the link. I find it interesting in this digital age that analogue, regardless of how bizare is often more intuitive... even if the anolgue is digital !!!

John
    You win a henweigh! There is an error in my action script code whereby the minute finger only advances once every 2 rotations of the second hand. But as this was only an exercise I can't be assed to hunt it down.

Albacore / Ed
    Thanks for the comments.

One of the limitations I have found either with Flash OR Xara's swf export to Flash is the way scaling line widths works. The very small azimuth scaling around the watch is a prime example of this. I give an example here
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

cool My Very Own henweigh. I always wanted my very own henweigh!

Default Re: November in the Xara Xone - Free tutorials, Featured Artists and more

I've got to say, this tutorial ROCKS! Definitely an oldie, but goody, and not one for the faint of heart or the easily distracted. Once again, thank you Gary.

After a new thread for this watch surfaced and a couple of unrelated Google searches brought this up I figured Fate must have wanted me to give it a go. So, here it is in all its glory...

With an added touch or two (of course ,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Time Flies_TG.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	63497  

Default Re: November in the Xara Xone - Free tutorials, Featured Artists and more

Well done Harry!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Kudos, Harry.

And thanks for adding the disclaimer at the bottom.

Very well done, Harry!

Most excellent HayTay!
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Nice one Harry!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Bill, Gary, Allison, Frances and John: I thank you for your enthusiastic support. All but 98+ percent of the credit goes to Gary for this, and all of his, excellent tutorial(s), though. He's the one that did all of the hard work.

Gary, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back and take a bow. You deserve it! I still find it amazing that, after all of the tutorials and workbooks of yours that I've done (over 33 and still counting), I'm still learning something new or a new way of doing something from each one. BTW, in case anyone wants to run off to start counting, I have yet to post all of the tutorials I've completed.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    And thanks for adding the disclaimer at the bottom.
    You are most welcome.

I gotta go, another tutorial awaits,
    Harry