Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: editing brushes

They are not actually bitmap brushes . but it is really weird - must be something to do with the fractal transparency. I tried extracting the shape and creating the brush from scratch. Still it reverts to black.

Could be that Xara is changing the line colour as the line size changes - I have seen this happen before - but it has always shown in the line colour box that it has reverted to the default black.

Christine

[This message was edited by Christine Farrelly on September 01, 2001 at 21:39.]
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ideally, I would like to be able to edit a brushes width and color and perhaps some of its other characteristics permanently so that when I use it, I am getting the color and characteristics that I want. I'm having trouble doing this, however and this particular stream of the forum suggests to me that this particular aspect of Xara X is confusing and perhaps over-complicated. If someone is able and willing to post me a step by step description of editing an existing brush to create a new one of a chosen color, I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Cory Sea