I started with things that XaraX has but not in CorelDraw

i am open for any ideas, and tell me what you think

thank

I post a long whish lists for CorelDraw in the CorelDraw section, 3parts

I started with things that XaraX has but not in CorelDraw

i am open for any ideas, and tell me what you think

thank

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

...should I ever use CorelDraw with the dinosaur footprint on my hard drive, a long bug list and hassle?

If you've put such a long wish list at the Corel forum, here is something for the real professionals:

XARA X. Smaller, faster, bug free, stable, small footprint, no hassle, short version numbers.

You'll **love** it.

;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I think it's irresponsible to make such statements about various software packages. Especially if you consider that viewers of this site might be coming from different fields of interest and/or inexperienced users of graphics software. You have to realize that the graphics community is devised of individuals that are artists, graphics designers, technical illustrators, etc. I'd hate to be the one to steer someone in the wrong direction because of a blind allegiance to a particular software package.

As an example if someone was interesting in doing technical illustration you might recommend using CorelDRAW since it can be bundled with various isometric add-ons to easily create isometric, dimetric and trimetric drawings. If someone is doing a lot of print work I would also recommend CorelDRAW since I like the way it handles color palettes, spot colors, etc. and it has various tools to aid the process, such as the "Publish to Service Bureau" feature. And for creating web graphics I would definitely give a strong vote for Xara X. And, at the present time if someone wants to get a job working for a company (newspapers, magazines, corporations, ad agencies) instead of freelancing the job description usually asks for experience in Illustrator, PhotoShop and Quark.

Before recommending this or that software package it might be better to first ask what kind of graphics are to be created and also what a persons career path is.

Doug-O

P.S. I own CorelDRAW 9, Xara X, and PhotoShop 6 along with a full arsenal of web authoring, digital video, audio, and multimedia tools.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

you missed the point: Ajis posted a wish list for Corel, consisting mostly of features XARA X offers, but not Corel Draw. So what I wanted to say is: instead to wait for the wished come true go with the app that already does have the features you are looking for.

Sure I **do** have and use several other apps as well, but nothing can beat X in terms of speed and flexibility.

So you appreciate Corel Draw - why not? I don't mind. But I think it's hilarious to talk about all this bullshit with printing options, publish to service bureau options etc. Reason: there is **ONE** standard file format: TIFF. I've never had any trouble with TIFF's anywhere in the world - be it in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Minneapolis - you name it. Every printer can process TIFF files. And best of all: no hassle with missing fonts or convert fonts to shapes and all the nine yards. I've sent DIN A3 (twice the US letter size) pages as 600 dpi TIFFs (8 of them) for a brochure to a printer - they looked absolutely fantastic. No hassle, no sweat, no mess, no panic. Smooth operation. Lean back and enjoy your life ;-} !!!

But as I said: I don't mind if people prefer to waste their time.

I always laugh when I see how someone tweaks the print options in Illustrator or Freehand. For what? Only for the sake of the features? Hell, I don't need that kind of bloatware.

Oh yeah, the so called professionals use the other apps? Job descriptions require a lot of nonsense. I prefer to be creative and finish a project instead of having to frickle around with kinky apps. See what I mean?

Just recently I received an Illustrator file from an large, global ad agency. A logo for a web site. 56 megs large! I checked the file and guess what: it had gazillions of elements for a shitty small logo. So I sat down and re-developed the logo in X. File size 78 k. Exported it as *.ai. File size 3 megs.

Now please don't tell me X is not powerful. Of course it might be the case that I'm a bit smarter than the average Mac 'professional', but at least I know lots about file sizes and how to build objects in almost no time.

See what I mean? 56 megs for a logo on a web site. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Using a 'professional' app doesn't mean the guys have brains.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So what I wanted to say is: instead to wait for the wished come true go with the app that already does have the features you are looking for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why didn't you just say that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But as I said: I don't mind if people prefer to waste their time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't mind, then why the rant? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now please don't tell me X is not powerful. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Who said that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

You've made your point in several posts on this and other threads, and WE GOT IT. Enough.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

jens,

Someone needs to wash your mouth out with soap and send you to your room to reflect on your rude behavior. How old are you? I would guess by your demeanor that your around 10 or 11. Oh, and while your sitting there in the corner staring at the wall you might want to think about common forum etiquette and maybe even brush up on your social skills.

Doug-O

But I think Jens original reply was just right - this question should never have been put to this forum in the first place - if AJI wants to get features added to CorelDraw (They've already added a lot of the Xaras features) he should use the Corel forums - there are several.

Incidently I have both products.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

A.J. was just pointing out the fact that he had posted a wish list on the CorelDraw forum. He didn't actually post the list on this forum.

There should have been no responses to this post at all. It was just information for those who might have used CorelDraw in the past, but seldom visit that forum. (as I understand it)

There have been many worse, inappropriate postings since I've been a member here.

For an FYI post, it didn't deserve the reaction it got.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hey take it easy cuys i did not want you to take this approach

I only post it in this forum as a refrence for cuys that would like it or interested in corel

and ia m not trying to make you to take a decission which is better on worst

I did not try to heart any one feeling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

take care