Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well, at the risk of displaying my absolute lack of any kind of artistic talent at all, I wonder if any of you would like to help me?

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/compare.gif

I did this little guy on your left out of molocules, atoms, whatever, for my son's science project. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Now he wants to have it printed on some brochures to pass out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] The printer cannot do it with the gradiations I used to make the balls appear round, so I (ahemm) tried to do it with white specs and partial moon shapes (as taught by Gary). However, I couldn't find Gary's tut, so I winged it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I truly need help. Any takers?

Now ya'll don't get all huffy about this. You know I am NOT an artist, just a groupie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Well, at the risk of displaying my absolute lack of any kind of artistic talent at all, I wonder if any of you would like to help me?

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/compare.gif

I did this little guy on your left out of molocules, atoms, whatever, for my son's science project. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Now he wants to have it printed on some brochures to pass out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] The printer cannot do it with the gradiations I used to make the balls appear round, so I (ahemm) tried to do it with white specs and partial moon shapes (as taught by Gary). However, I couldn't find Gary's tut, so I winged it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I truly need help. Any takers?

Now ya'll don't get all huffy about this. You know I am NOT an artist, just a groupie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Did you try to export it as a tif and print that image? Your printer might be able to handle that.

Regards, Joel

DM

You are not a groupie, you are part of a group. :-)

I'm not sure what tutorial you are referring to, but then my brain can only retain what I did three days ago. After that it gets very vague.

That said, what you have done is splendid. The effect comes across as it should. Nothing to apologize about that design.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

Delta, big difference between web graphics & those used for printing! First, make sure you're exporting to a TIF and boost that DPI up to something like 300dpi. Come back & tell us what printer your using, and what program you're using to do the printing and we can help more.

To get the best printout, you often have to dive into advanced settings within programs and/or printer drivers. Loads of fun!

You know how to do a screen shot, don't you? Don't be afraid to snag a copy of what the options are, and we'll try to explain 'em to you or just tell you what you should choose.

If your brochure isn't too complicated, you could do the layout in Xara. Can help there too, of course!

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

Just the right leg (the mans right, you know the one on the left) the molocules should be pulled forward as in the original.

Apart form that looks fine.

Turan

Thank you all, for the votes of confidence (my ego really was royally massaged, even if we are talking simplicity).

Well, I did talk to the printer about types and he did say he would prefer getting it as a tif. However, he didn't say if he got it as a tiff he could similate the gradiations. He just said "do it without gradiations and I can print it for you"

Thanks Gary...I actually found your glass beads yesterday and downloaded them. However, I think I could run into the same problems with those, although I did notice you placed your half-moons somewhat differently than I did. I'll try that.

And Turan, I will work on the leg a bit. I thought there was something a little skrewy with it.

Also, I will take the printing lessons to heart. We did try to print the brochures here, but the stuff really didn't look right, the inks ran, and it wasn't as good as it was on the screen. I have a printer client, so I'll let him do it and I'll work on the printing techniques at another time, as my deadline is Tuesday.

Thanks
    Delta
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]