Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Neil - It was a lot of fun making the animation. Thanks for starting the Challenge.

Egg - Great interactive card. I'll have to download the Flash trial and give it a try.

Robert - Thanks for the link to the e-ink site. I'd heard about electronic ink some time ago, but hadn't seen anything since.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

YAWN........Stretch......Ho, hum....Ok, I'm awake.

Hmmmm. Still not quite understanding the whole animation thing. Guess I will have to see. If I place the check marks in both boxes on the cards properties in the new animation it wiii become the background for all the frames, right......??

Then the placement of the GIF question is there. Do I place in each seperate frame or do I just drop the finished animation as it's own frame onto the first frame?? I'm confused.

Then how do I go about placing this/these frame(s) so they line up where I need them on the card? By the way, the animation, for all it does, is only 16 KB.

Egg, I love that Flash card, now that's a concept. Very KOOL, Dude!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi RAMWolff,

To get your card placed in the smart chip animation:

Load the .xar for the animation and then open the Frame Gallery. Copy the last frame of the animation. Paste your Card image into the frame and position it behind the copy of the smart chip and align it where it should be. Then delete the smart chip from this frame. In the Frame Gallery click on this frame and drag it to the bottom of the list and check the B column. The card will now be the background for all the other frames in the animation. I suggest setting the properties for this "background" frame so it has a very, ver short display time by itself.

Hope this helps.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anibackground.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	5246  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Evolution is happening at a rapid pace. After LCDs and smart chips what is next. Ahh sound recognition. The XaraX "Goodboy" Obeys your voice commands.

Q [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Name:	goodboy.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	1471  

I have a whopping 556 KB with the finished product. ICK!! Looks great in the browser priview. Wish I could share the whole thing, but that would get REALLY yelled at.

BTW: There are 7 frames total for the animation. I need them all, it's still "sluggish" and it would make the file even bigger if I put in more frames, so..........

When I finished the animation and saved it to the desktop I looked at the properties and WHAM!! Checked the properties and found that I had one large animation. I think its the card that did it. Egg already got enough flack for uploading a file that is over the limit, so I will beg off.

So after all that, I found a way to give you a viewing of it. Just the top part of the card. But that is just fine. At least you can see it attatched to a part of the card. 60.1 kb's. What a difference!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Let me know if you like it.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Name:	Smart_Chip_Activated_Top_Card.gif 
Views:	439 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	3369  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Egg:

Cool anim. and an interesting idea!

Quaker"
    Great looking image!

RAMWolff:
    The curse of using .gif animation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] especially with bitmap images. Nice little anim though, looks like ya got the hang of it!

Bob C.

LOVE THAT CARD...!!!

However, it would be too bulky to put into a slot. But I thought that out. The bottom of the card is flat, on the back of the card is where your "info" strip is loacated. That would work if, in the future, all stores and banks, ect....only had the slid through's instead of the insert the entire card setup.

Top of the card could be used for just about everything from sending a voice mail (which could be converted to text for sending to someones card or home computer (or whatever we will all be using then), recieving E-Mail, viewing pics and HTML files, to tuning into your favorite station (the LED would give you the song, artist, station name, with options to store the station in the chip for easy future access). Of course the mini screen would have to be expanded a bit more. On one side you have your volume controls on the other the srcroll buttons and a voice command would delete anything that is displayed on the screen, only by a certain unique voice octave programed in by you.

I have one weird imagination, eh?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Re Electronic Paper...This will be a great step forward. I don't see electronic paper replacing credit or debit cards but it could well replace currency.
    Electronic Ink Bank Notes
    Love the GoodBoy Quaker. Animated Gifs are alright for very small animations and low colour banner adverts but as you say RAMwolff the file size soon shoots up. (One way around this would be to use the credit card as a background image on a web page and overlay a smaller animation of the text)
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As an example of the small animated gif size CLICK HERE
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

With all these awesome high tech designs, I thought I would attempt a more organic, low tech approach [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	wooded_card.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	1384