Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wacom graphire / intuos pen (not mouse)

3 33.33%
  • normal PS2 mouse

5 55.56%
  • USB mouse

1 11.11%

I'm curious who uses what with XaraX. Since I'm fond of using my graphire pen for graphics stuff ( and more), I use that even though what I do could be done with a mouse (ie ... no pressure sensitive brushes or anything). I'm wondering if there are more problems encounteredd using the wacom pen in XaraX than with a mouse. I guess that most people use a normal mouse so maybe they have less problems (I'm currently not having many problems on my new system while still using the pen but I'm just curious)

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

I'm curious who uses what with XaraX. Since I'm fond of using my graphire pen for graphics stuff ( and more), I use that even though what I do could be done with a mouse (ie ... no pressure sensitive brushes or anything). I'm wondering if there are more problems encounteredd using the wacom pen in XaraX than with a mouse. I guess that most people use a normal mouse so maybe they have less problems (I'm currently not having many problems on my new system while still using the pen but I'm just curious)

I have a Graphire2 tablet but rarely use it---seems XaraX has fewer probs when I just use a mouse. However no other ap crashes when I use the tablet. XaraX is the only ap I have which crashes from time to time. Using brushes is usually the culprit, sometimes using lots of lines and changes to them, although sometimes it occurs even without this use and then I have no idea why. I work with XaraX now in the most basic way and try to keep things done as simply as possible then everything goes smoothly.
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I really never use the brushes ... just the lines with the different shapes but not the brushes.

My items are pretty basic and are usually web designs with not very many parts at all. Most of my problems have occured when I move a slider or move the eyedropper over part of XaraX interface. Anyway I'll give my mouse a try. I'm not having that many problems but sometimes one at a certain time can be enough [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I use a Logitech marble - thumb-controlled and USB. I like it so much I've even bought the cordless version in case my old cable one conks out. The Microsoft one is too big for my small hands and I don't like the finger-operated balls.

I read something recently which says that humans are evolving with stronger and more accurate thumbs - think of the texting generation. I'm a bit older than them but I guess I must be one too.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk