I like a few others have migrated to xara after using artworks on the acorn platform. I got into artworks (pre-xara) after doing some freelance design work in my early teens with a dtp package called "impression" (also by computer concepts, aka xara).

Artworks was like someone turning the light on for me, I loved doodling with computers and I used to be fascinated watching people like Gordon Taylor (I think that's correct!) demo artworks at exhibitions in the early days. I then got my clammy mitts on a copy and sat for hours doodling my mini drawings and that was around 10 years ago.

A few years later I worked for a local computer firm who had a few retail units. I was regarded as a bit of a "wierdo" (I still am *grin*) because I could mix design and IT in the same body (!!). I heard about the artworks port to the pc (xara studio) and pestered my boss to get a copy for the store and took the full responsibilty to demo it. Over a period of about 4-6 months we sold many copies of studio due to my product knowledge and buckets of enthusiasm, I even demonstrated it to a fairly important lady from Corel who came to visit my boss not realising who she was! She seemed rather impressed though I must admit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ah well, thats enough of my ranting, this is a great place to chatter to fellow xara-maniacs!

regards,

d-sine