Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It's has probably been asked before, but can someone explain me how I round the left end of this tube or at least stear me in the right direction (maybe XaraZone tutorial?)

Thanks in advance for the help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I just started to use Xara X and it's a great program. Most of the time I use Photoshop, but when it comes to vectors, I rather like to jump to Xara X.

Nice board too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've visited the Adobe board a couple of times and great people there too. I just wonder how you all manage to create such a friendly place like Talkgraphics (hard to find sometimes !)

Anyways, keep up the good work guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's has probably been asked before, but can someone explain me how I round the left end of this tube or at least stear me in the right direction (maybe XaraZone tutorial?)

Thanks in advance for the help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I just started to use Xara X and it's a great program. Most of the time I use Photoshop, but when it comes to vectors, I rather like to jump to Xara X.

Nice board too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've visited the Adobe board a couple of times and great people there too. I just wonder how you all manage to create such a friendly place like Talkgraphics (hard to find sometimes !)

Anyways, keep up the good work guys!

Create a rectangle to the exact size, this is important. Then click the Curved Corners icon on the infobar (the arc icon).

From the drop down list select Curvature. Set the Curvature amount to .70 and press enter.

This will give you a rectangle with two perfectly round ends (as long as you draw the rectangle to the exact size first. If you modify the rectangle and then apply corner curvature, it will not be round.

Another method is to create an ellipse the same height as the rectangle (without rounded corners). Place the ellipse over one end of the rectangle, select both and from the Arrange menu, select Combine Shapes > Add Shapes.

There are several more ways to do this but these two methods will get you started.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rounded_corners.gif 
Views:	268 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	10310  

Quite simple when you think of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I only made it myself too difficult, by adding the fill first before rounding the shape at the end.

Thanks again.

Makes no difference if you add the fill first. Just be sure that the filled shape is in front. When you combine shapes > add shapes, the top object determines what the combined fill will be.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

That's quite amazing!

Thanks again Gary