Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You've helped many of us with your discovery!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] It makes complete sense.

---As The Crow Casts Its Shadow---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Dale — a clarification — when you have the same number of nodes Xara preserves the section that contains the start point not the largest section.

We had a discussion a while ago about cropping that you might find interesting. You can read it here.

Mickie

Thanks so much Mickie for the link to that discussion! It was very helpful to me!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya, isn't it amazing how much information there is here! I just hope it never gets lost.

Mickie

Thanks for the info!

I read that thread, and will be doing more experimenting in the future.

At least there is always UNDO.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

for the feather.xar file. much appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Got my new Sound Blaster PCI 512 installed and am playing with it and singing into my new microphone, real scarry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Why is it scary, you ask?? Because it works really well and thank god I live alone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I haven't used the freehand tool a lot and didn't realise about the 'splicing' option, thanks Steve I'll have a play with that.

Thanks everyone for the slicing info and node counts etc and also in the other thread (cheers for the link Mickie).

After having a play with Jess' tutorial, and seeing it also worked without adding the extra node, I thought it was also something to do with where the line was last broken and rejoined. Now I see from the other thread that there is a preference for the 'start point'. So the breaking/joining must have created a new start point. And also by the same token you can create a new start point in an already existing object like an imported bitmap.

Jack - Yes I had this problem too a while ago with curve handles being underneath the nodes, even if you up the magnification it can still be difficult to correct. There are a couple of ways to get them out from underneath the nodes. The first one is try hovering over the line until it changes into the white arrow and then drag the line out or in. If you drag it enough this will pull the curve handles out and you can move them about again.

Alternatively using the shape tool click on the troublesome node, if you look at the menu bar, 3 sets of xy co-ordinates appear. The left and right are the xy positions of the two curve handles and the middle one is the node itself. You can use these to move the curve handles out.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I am sure you're right! And now I think I know why I keep getting that problem when I use combine shapes - several points are being introduced close together!

Seems I didn't look closely enough! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	points2.gif 
Views:	158 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	4439  

I meant Dale's detective work. I didn't see the second page!

Jess